whistling teggy

khurley424

my teg just developed a pretty loud whistle, and im not quite sure what ive got. It happens while the car is in park, as well as when its accelerating. It sounds loudest at around 2500-3000rpms, and at around 4000 the frequency sounds almost as if it goes up a step. Through some searching i saw people saying that this type of noise is common when an alternator is on its way out, but i also did some research on youtube as to that and my issue sounds bit different.
Also, it should be noted that i have the stock air box fitted to the car, and im pretty sure it isnt the exhaust as it sounds like its coming from the passenger side of the car, close-ish to the firewall. Ill try to get a video for reference sometime soon, but no guarantees.

DC2many

i got a whine/whistle too

its like "eeeeerrnnn" if you get what i mean

soundsl ike it comes from passenger side too

any ideas?

lor_db8

dont worry man, you have one of a kind teg.. the one that comes stock oem built in turbo... ahaha.. jk..

soggieb18b1

soggie
i have developed a similar noise in my 95. it sounds like power steering pump but it has fluid and the whine noise varies with rpms. maybe a bearing? Going to check tranny fluid and look for powersteer leak. ill let u know what i find out.

khurley424

well, i topped up my power steering fluid, but another opinion says that my exhaust may be blowing somewhere. Which is a pain in the ass because this car develops exhaust leaks like there is no tomorrow.

djintegra

my intake whistles at certain rpms and throttle. i have an ebay short ram that came with the car when i bought it.