White smoke

badpie426

about a week ago i took my muffler off cause the gasket went. i just put the new gasket on and now its smoking quit a bit out the tail pipe.... the idol is at 900 but every 25seconds or so itll goes up to about 1500 for a few seconds and down back to 900, I took the muffler off an i noticed while at idol every so often maybe every 10 or 15 seconds i see a quick spray of what looks like water/coolant spraying out of my exhaust . also i checked the spark plugs and there completly covered in a black powdered soot. any ideas?. I know this wasnt happening a week ago

badpie426

Oil Is normal ... I just had my block sleeved .. New rings an pistons an had the head rebuilt. All done about 30 miles ago

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
1. You need a chipped ecu
2. your rings arent seated, and unless you drove it like you stole for the first 20 miles they may not have sealed
3. did you drain your oil after the first start up you have hella metal shavings in your motor
4. your smoke is from your rings not being sealed all the way it takes time to seal them (aprox 2000 miles)
5. did you do a valve adjustment? mine idled like that until a valve adjustment

Hot.Damn.

newb and awesome
With only 30 miles into a rebuild there is something wrong with the rebuild. I'd take it back to shop that did it. What happened to warrant a rebuild?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
With only 30 miles into a rebuild there is something wrong with the rebuild. I'd take it back to shop that did it. What happened to warrant a rebuild?
a rebuild should smoke until the rings are seated. the spark plugs will be black because the oil control rings arent seated all the way its normal

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
yeah fresh build. Mine did that a lot. I think its because he didnt do a valve adjustment. 99% of my problems with my motor i just built were solved with a valve adjustment. water is a bi product of combustion

Hot.Damn.

newb and awesome
Hopefully for him thats all it need is broken in fully and just water and not coolant coming out that pipe.