Who says our cars are weak? Mine flipped a Jeep!

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
Damn sucks about the car! But it seems to be mostly cosmetic damage which is not a big deal. Haha you have just proved that tegs can pit maneuver like beasts!

94dc4

My name matches again lol
Well guys, got a quote yesterday evening from Service King, and they said repair costs passed a "threshold"...and that's BEFORE hidden damages are factored in.

Dammit, this thing is still fully drivable!

As much as I love my car, I'm considering looking for a DB8 or a Maxima if they write me a check. I haven't decided yet.

*edit* Nevermind, car's gettin fixed! Just got a call from Service King. I wish I could somehow lobby my way into a JDM front lol

Last edited:

94dc4

I hate getting the runaround from insurance companies. Got a call last Friday and they deem the car as totaled. Why? My guess is because it's a 16 year old car. $3,000+ in repairs for a $2500 car doesn't make much sense, and that quote didn't include the radiator support and welding.

This actually isn't such a bad thing. I was pissed at first but I've had time to think about it. Whatever they give me, I'm gonna take it and go buy a DA and keep whatever's left if I can't find another running and unmolested manual DC or DB(all I see around here are autos!). I'm waiting for a guy on Craigslist to email me pics of his, and I've seen a few others like one with an LS-VTEC already in it. I really want to keep my DC4 because it's most definitely drivable, but on top of waiting a week or two for another shop to fix the front end (if it's even fixable) without a rental car, it has a lot of other annoying problems that I just don't have the time and money to fix. It failed inspection, and I got a ticket because of it, and the throwout bearing/clutch might be failing. Those problems alone plus being a full time college student just don't add up. If her insurance company wants to take it, I'll buy it back and sell it to my friend D-MART if he really wants it, or whoever wants to throw money into it to fix all it's problems or part it out. Motor has a timing belt that's only 5k miles old and only 152k miles.

Guys, for the sake of your Integra, please try to avoid stupid ass drivers by any means necessary.

Last edited:

teggygrl08

BBHG.. one love.
jdm front! ahha or 98+ ;) glad to see you and the teg are ok!

edit: just saw your post, good luck with finding a nice dc or db

94dc4

lol flippppped that bitch wow yea go get a DA good idea
That's pretty much my only alternative. Civics cost too much and are only SOHC, only Prelude I want is an Si, and as much as I want a sedan, I'm not really an Accord person...unless it has an H22 in it, lol

I mean, I COULD get a Maxima, lol. That's actually what I wanted in the first place...but I'm not, lol

The DA is pretty much the best car for the money. Just gotta look hard to find a decent one.

jdm front! ahha or 98+ ;) glad to see you and the teg are ok!

edit: just saw your post, good luck with finding a nice dc or db
This car just might be the prime candidate for one, but I'll let someone else worry about it. I'm definitely gonna track down another DC after I get out of school though.

94dc4

I'd look at it, but I'm in north Texas. I should really update my avatar, lol

And I just noticed posts in this area don't add up. Interesting, lol

J_Jay_B

teg driver
well if it was the other persons fault and there insurance is gonna keep the car for a while then they should give you a rental... atleast that is what i have heard from my dad.