Who's got a bike? post em up

j13

Keep It Clean

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Oh, and it doesn't matter if you're getting it for free, the GSX600F engine isn't for a person starting out.

Get a Ninja 250R or a Ninja 650R

Start with 2 cylinders man.
LOL, the first street bike I purchased was a 2001 Yamaha R6 Champions Edition. Of course I already been riding all kinds of other bikes most of my life, so I figured what the hell. Might as well get something with a little nuts.

599cc? Are you talking about CBR600?
He is talking about CB600F, which is not the same as a CBR. CBR is a high performance, full fairing, crotch rocket. The CB600F is a detuned 600 in more of standard, naked setup.

j13

Keep It Clean
LOL, the first street bike I purchased was a 2001 Yamaha R6 Champions Edition. Of course I already been riding all kinds of other bikes most of my life, so I figured what the hell. Might as well get something with a little nuts.

He is talking about CB600F, which is not the same as a CBR. CBR is a high performance, full fairing, crotch rocket. The CB600F is a detuned 600 in more of standard, naked setup.
If you've been riding, most of your life before you jumped on the R6, you made a good choice :thumbs up

The CB600F isn't a safe starter bike. No noob should be riding a 4 cylinder bike.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
If you've been riding, most of your life before you jumped on the R6, you made a good choice :thumbs up
I've always had dirtbikes and stuff and rode a bunch of other street bikes before I ever bought one.