wht do i need to put a b18c1 into a 91 teg?

natt2000

just one more question.... if i were to run my own wires, how would i connect them to the ecu pin out? im going to run all the new wires through some sheathing to look somewhat oem, and try to just wire the vtec, itb, o2 wires and etc into the correct pin outs

edit: i see. id have to get the conversion harness and just splic the wires in. allright that doesnt seem to hard

Last edited:

natt2000

i sure hope so! ive finally decided im going to search around for and obd1 bserires harness for a little while, and if i cant find one i will convert the dizzy to obd0, get a vtec, knock, iab, oil pressure sub harness and wire it into an obd0-1 conversion harness that ill somehow try and make look like it belongs. probly splice it in.

I actually believe it's 5800 on the p61 stock, and you can wire up the butterflies on any obd1 b series vtec ecu, just need the diagram explaining how. I have it somewhere, I'll post when found.
Well, my GSR crosses over at about 5600 and its on the stock P61 ECU.
Also, you can wire up the butterflies to another ECU but they still wont function. The P72 is the only one with the hardware in it to operate the butterflies.

hgocasca

level 77 troll
Hmmmm that's odd, it should be at 5800, that's what mine was until I chipped mine for 5k since I'm using the ls trans. Anywho, I'm not going to argue about it lol, but there is a way to hook up the butterflies on other ecu's, you just have to run wires to like d3/4 and d6 or some shit like that, I read up on it a couple months ago when I was considering the b18c1. I'll have to find it.

Hmmmm that's odd, it should be at 5800, that's what mine was until I chipped mine for 5k since I'm using the ls trans. Anywho, I'm not going to argue about it lol, but there is a way to hook up the butterflies on other ecu's, you just have to run wires to like d3/4 and d6 or some s*** like that, I read up on it a couple months ago when I was considering the b18c1. I'll have to find it.
Please do. Everything I have read says that the p72 is the only one with the internal hardware to operate them. Wiring them up is not what I was saying would be the issue.
I have a friend running a chipped p28 on their C1 swapped LS and wants the butterflies operational, so if there is a way to make it work, I'd love to know. :D

Last edited:

8urcivic

ONLY couches pull out!!!!
not sure if its been stated yet but if you decide to run a larger header/exhaust mani you will need to modify the front rad support or convert to traction bar.

keep up the good info guys...ill rep you when im not on my phone.

not sure if its been stated yet but if you decide to run a larger header/exhaust mani you will need to modify the front rad support or convert to traction bar.

keep up the good info guys...ill rep you when im not on my phone.
This is correct. You have to notch out the crossmember or get a traction bar to run a 4-1 header. You can still run a 4-2-1 such as the DC without modification though.