wht do i need to put a b18c1 into a 91 teg?

hgocasca

level 77 troll
I actually believe it's 5800 on the p61 stock, and you can wire up the butterflies on any obd1 b series vtec ecu, just need the diagram explaining how. I have it somewhere, I'll post when found.

natt2000

this car is for oval track so i need it to be stock appearing. ill have to hid the whole obd1-0 conversion kit as well. so what is the stock ecu? a p72? does it have to be a b18c1 specific p72 or will just any unchipped p72 work?

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
unchipped p72 will work. You can just get obd1 plugs for the distributor and ecu and splice em onto your harness inplace of the old plugs but thats aloooot of work. I have a write up on how to do the distributor but I dint bother with the conversion harness

WAR 178

Premium User
any vtec obd1(p28 or p72) ecu can be chipped out to NOT check for the sensors(o2,knock,etc.)
I ran my gsr (B18c1) with my ls tranny no problem...and had a chipped p28 set with tec kicking in at 5400rpm(gsr basemap)
Im actually selling my p28,stepdown as well as an obd1 gsr ecu too...

Cripton805

Why not just let him get a stock P72 and making it so difficult... lol
The engine will be stock, let him get a stock map until he decides to mod, IF he decides to mod.

P72 ecus are cheap anyway.
Just make sure to get an OBD1 usdm or jdm. The jdm engine doesnt have a knock sensor and it will throw a code if you use a usdm ecu.

natt2000

i will not mod the engine. it is in a stock motor racing class. everything needs to be as stock as possible, even if it is the more difficult way to do things. thans could you link me to that write up?

nathan_carmona

Gold Member
yup. just read the wiring chart REALLY well. All but one wire is the same color but they dont all go to the same color wire...just read the chart lol