why a civic on the banner?

speedin

The Transporter
LOL, I bet you caught it while Jayjay was editing it. I can only see the white teg now. I do like that civic though, must be clubcivic's banner.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
LOL, I bet you caught it while Jayjay was editing it. I can only see the white teg now. I do like that civic though, must be clubcivic's banner.
The CC banner rotates. Every time you come to it, it cycles through different pics for the banner. That Civic picture is one of the CC banners.

I have also heard someone else say this same thing, but I've never seen it. It's been the same white teg for a while now on my end

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Maybe we should get a rotating banner image. Maybe some nice shots of member's rides? Maybe dc2GS-R can have us vote on something else each month. Just an idea.

speedin

The Transporter
The CC banner rotates. Every time you come to it, it cycles through different pics for the banner. That Civic picture is one of the CC banners.

I have also heard someone else say this same thing, but I've never seen it. It's been the same white teg for a while now on my end
Are you on CC or something? You 2 time moddin? :lol:

Yea I remember talking about the rotating CC banner when we last talked about this in the mod section. I still think we should get a rotating banner.

speedin

The Transporter
Maybe we should get a rotating banner image. Maybe some nice shots of member's rides? Maybe dc2GS-R can have us vote on something else each month. Just an idea.
Yea we have talked about this before. We were going to do it with the winners of the ROTY awards every year. But that fell through.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
just because you have a really nice car, doesn't mean you could have a really nice picture of your car. And just because your car is worth $0.05, doesn't mean you don't have a nice picture of it. I'm just saying that if we do this, it wouldn't be about the car, it would be about the picture. We could get a chance to see the artistic side of people here. I'm sure a lot of people would like to vote for the "nicest Intega picture" here. I know I would.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Are you on CC or something? You 2 time moddin? :lol:
Nah, when he posted the picture, I went over to CC to check and see if that is where it came from.
Yea we have talked about this before. We were going to do it with the winners of the ROTY awards every year. But that fell through.
I like the rotating banner too. But I think we decided it would be hard to make good banner images based on whatever pictures people submitted for ROTM. They aren't always of the best angles.

I do think it would be cool to have a contest for it or something if Jay Jay was down. Have people submit pictures then host a poll.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
What browser are you using? Seems like a few things in your screen shot are messed up. You are probably seeing a default image for when the random image script doesnt load.. which there is only one. I have no problem with adding random images, I just need a decent shot so it looks good in the header.

speedin

The Transporter
just because you have a really nice car, doesn't mean you could have a really nice picture of your car. And just because your car is worth $0.05, doesn't mean you don't have a nice picture of it. I'm just saying that if we do this, it wouldn't be about the car, it would be about the picture. We could get a chance to see the artistic side of people here. I'm sure a lot of people would like to vote for the "nicest Intega picture" here. I know I would.
I do think it would be cool to have a contest for it or something if Jay Jay was down. Have people submit pictures then host a poll.
Yea I know what you mean. I never thought about just having just a picture poll. That would work. I definitely wanted to do something that the members chose, thats why I always went to ROTY, but as mentioned the photos arnt always the best.

But a poll for just good integra photos solves both issues. I think it should be limited to member taken photos to avoid any copyright issues.

jznsn2u

I have yet to see that Civic on the banner. I always see the DC2.
its like seeing a mew or mewtwo, that shit is super duper rare! When I see it, im soooo gonnna whip out my master screen print and catch it.

i knew i wasnt the only one!! remember matt? i sent you the pic via mms a while ago??
^ I remember you talking about that, x)

I liked the black integra that was on the banner last year :drool: