Why Broken Pistons Why?

matrixym

i put turbo on my da. after about 3 months the engine was burning oil and smoke was comming from the valve cover. i opened it and found the pistons broken between the first and second piston ring. i put new pistons and piston rings and after alot of work i had it all fixed. i started driving and at 72 miles the valve cover was smoking again i think that the pistons are broken again. do you guys know why. or if this has happened to you please let me know what it was. thank you.

mirrorimg

Broken? Do you have pictures?

I have heard of pistons melting and getting holes in them from running lean, but never the channels with the rings breaking.

Did you have the car tuned after installing the turbo?

Spody02

Name: Cody
no way it you cracked a piston

pictures or it didnt happen lol

i need a picture of the piston and i can tell you what it is that is causing the problem

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
^Yes. And pics please please PLEASE!

...I gotta see this

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
no way it you cracked a piston

pictures or it didnt happen lol

i need a picture of the piston and i can tell you what it is that is causing the problem
You've never seen a broken piston? You act as if it is impossible.

I'm willing to bet detonation cracked the ring land

matrixym

i do have pics and i have the aem airfuel gauge, safc ii, oil pressure guage, boost gauge, volts gauge, and i know it was not running lean. besides i never went over 6000 rpm and they broke after 70 something miles.

mirrorimg

You may have all of that, but did you bring it to a shop to have it properly tuned? Do you have an upgraded fuel system, as in larger injectors/fuel pump?

i do have pics and i have the aem airfuel gauge, safc ii, oil pressure guage, boost gauge, volts gauge, and i know it was not running lean. besides i never went over 6000 rpm and they broke after 70 something miles.
I hear a list of gauges, but not a damn thing that resembles a fuel system or decent engine management(SAFCII blows).
I agree with Kyle.I bet you had detonation out the ass.

matrixym

this is another picture i have so you can see it all 4 were broken now with my new problem i dont know how many of the pistons broke.