why do you build? hhw

FauxTypeR

hey guys im writing an essay about the honda JDM community and i was wondering if i could get some citations from you guys :)
1. what car do you have
2. what are your plans for the car?
3. how much money have you spent?
4. why do you build? (fame,respect,glory,money....etc.)
5. anything else you wanna say

thanks! help me get an A! lol:roll:

Last edited:

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
1. what car do you have '08 civic
2. what are your plans for the car? Keep it as a daily and pick up a bike down the line
3. how much money have you spent? besides purchase price? $5 so far.
4. why do you build? To go faster and to handle better.
5. anything else you wanna say Hope you get an A.

osiris19

Sure I'll play along

1. 96 Integra LS all stock minus exhaust.
2. I want to make it clean and daily it, with the future intention of taking it to the track.
3. Purchased for $2300, I have spent close to $600 total in maintenance and extras.
4. I build my car to what I want it to look like and eventually to handle on the track
5. Don't fail lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Murphy

Meat Master
#buildlife #yolofroyo #whitegirlwasted

1. what car do you have?

99 Gs Coupe

Not much left, maintenance and upkeep really. Maybe a manual transmission swap down the line.

Around $2.2k over 6 years including maintenance and mods.

4. why do you build? (fame,respect,glory,money....etc.) Fame obviously. Nah, just for comfort, looks, and performance.

5. anything else you wanna say?

Good luck on your report.

OneFastGSR

I thought this was going to be fun until I read question 3, already too much money in the car can't go back now lol

1. what car do you have : 94 integra gsr
2. what are your plans for the car? : Original plan was to daily drive, Than I wanted 600whp, Now i'm kind of itching to make it fast enough to require a parachute and I havn't even finished the motor build for 600whp. Lol
3. how much money have you spent? : Purchased car for $3000 :)
4. why do you build? (fame,respect,glory,money....etc.) Really when I bought the car it was just to daily, and maintain, Than I kept having problems, Everytime I had to fix a problem I had the urge to upgrade what broke. Than the next thing you know alot of stuff was upgraded, Now then motor needed rebuilt because oil pump went out. Now i'm just building it for even more power, I just like to go faster. Lol
5. anything else you wanna say : stay far away from cars they cost to much money haha

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
1. what car do you have

92 Integra GSR

Get it out of the garage

Over $10,0000 not including the price of the car.

4. why do you build?

To make the car more fun to drive and faster on the street.

Big money builds = big money problems.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
1. 2000 Integra GSR, original owner
2. High compression, high boost with lots of low speed torque that carried flat to red line (the impossible torque curve)
3. Its hard to say because do I count everything invested or just want's on the car currently? I've gone through 5 engine builds, 2 turbo setups, 2 suspension setups. I also have thousands of dollars in old parts, new parts, and spare parts in my basement. I probably have 30k invested over the last 14 years on top of the cost of the car.
4. Originally it was a hobby interest then it turned into a respect/impress thing. Now Im building just finish the goal.
5. Most people would have given up by now or moved on to a different platform. Id feel like a failure or a quiter if I did that. I achieved my goals on the dyno in 2012 but the results were short lived due to a few mistakes I made while assembling the engine. I've been in search of those results ever since but with more reliability. I guess you could say its been an obsessive compulsion.

SoundEfx

1. what car do you have?
1997 Integra LS

To 'de-rice' the car and make it look presentable.

Besides purchase price, $200.

I have a passion for all makes and model of cars, from muscle, 1967 Shelby GT 500, to tuners, Nissan Skyline GT-R.
So I buy and build various cars that I love and the Acura Integra happened to be one of those cars.
It's not cheap, but when you have a love and true passion for something, you try not to look at the bank account balance...lol...

Everybody have their 'art'. Whether it's a painting they made or bought, or how they decorated their house or how they dress. People have a way of expressing themselves and I think that some people's canvass is their car. Some like simple, others like flashing lights, others, scraping on the ground, most, just a comfortable ride.

Good luck with your project, both car and paper.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
1. 94 Integra GSR Sedan
2. Drive the balls off it
3. Way too much
4. I'm a sucker for heartbreak
5. Get out while you can!

FauxTypeR

i love your guys answers haha you guys are giving me some good stuff :) its due tomorrow! time to cram a 1 day report!

FauxTypeR

Everybody have their 'art'. Whether it's a painting they made or bought, or how they decorated their house or how they dress. People have a way of expressing themselves and I think that some people's canvass is their car. Some like simple, others like flashing lights, others, scraping on the ground, most, just a comfortable ride.

Good luck with your project, both car and paper.[/QUOTE]

loved this answer man.

jbrown97ls

hey guys im writing an essay about the honda JDM community and i was wondering if i could get some citations from you guys :)
1. what car do you have
1997 db7 integra

Track it at Hallett Raceway, daily it for a few years, take it to meets, might go to the strip a few times. A fun "reliable car" that looks good.

I don't even want to know so I'm not going to add it all up. Without the cost of the car I would guess somewhere between the 5-7k

I've always wanted to have a self built, fast, and clean car that was a little different than what everyone else does

thanks! help me get an A! lol:roll:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

itzrivera

1. what car do you have
1997 integra gs converted from auto to manual

stance it because form>function. I also want to hit the circuit this summer so that throws the previous statement out the window

too much for a college brah

not really built, slammed is a better term. Because I like to slam 'errthang; cars, hoes, and more hoes

when in doubt, penis out

phatintegra

Banned
1. what car do you have
1999 Integra GS JDM/USDM LS/VTEC Auto w/ITBs
2004 CLK 500 Imported from Germany
2013 Legacy 2.5i Premium

Integra: Put everything back together
CLK: No Plan
Legacy: Foglights, rear spoiler, remote starter, tint, inside illuminated light kit

Integra: Over $30k without the price of the vehicle
CLK: About $3k without the price of the vehicle
Legacy: $55 without the price of the vehicle and I'm waiting for the vehicle to arrive

I started while I was a child. I grew up around race bike, customize and drag cars

Work hard play later

Last edited: