Why does my 90 Integra ls say made in Japan under the hood and on the door??

sloancanfield

Just wondering why my 90 integra ls says made in japan under the hood and on the door,its not made over seas is it?? This is my first integra and i have done research but cant find any good info on what im asking now..
Oh and its supposed to say honda on the engine right??

Anguisette

I'mARegisteredUser
Just wondering why my 90 integra ls says made in japan under the hood and on the door,its not made over seas is it?? This is my first integra and i have done research but cant find any good info on what im asking now..
:shock: I'm not sure how else to reply....

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I believe they were all manufactured in Japan until the mid or late 90's. My '95 was made in Japan.
I don't know about the G2's, but my GSR engine says Honda on it.

mirrorimg

Our cars are Imports. That means they are made in another land, and imported in. Many of todays "imports" are made in this counrty, and many domestic parts are made in other countries, while they are assembled inside the border.

Yes your engine should day Honda on it. Honda produced these vehicles. They are sold as Acura's in the states, to be marketed towards american preferences.

916LSpinoy

The JDM Pinoy
This is to the person who made this Thread....

If you did your research, you would find out that Acura is the Luxury Class of Honda that is sold here in the United States...And you would of found out that Honda is a Japanese company, and Most or even all your parts in your car are made in Japan...if you did your research...you wouldn't have to ask a rediculous question...

sloancanfield

Ok some people are kind of umm a** h***s .. I did research and i know honda is made in japan and that acura is the luxury class.. Cant some of u idiots just answer a simple question..oh and report me if u want lol..since u seem to not have a life besides online mouthing off..thanks for the real answers by the way..

Anguisette

I'mARegisteredUser
Ok some people are kind of umm a** h***s .. I did research and i know honda is made in japan and that acura is the luxury class.. Cant some of u idiots just answer a simple question..oh and report me if u want lol..since u seem to not have a life besides online mouthing off..thanks for the real answers by the way..
you kind of answered your own question.... if it says made in japan then its obviously not made in the US. thats not mouthing off.... stating the obvious.

Don't ask idiot questions and you wont get idiot answers. Get your panties out of the bunch they're in. :roll:

DagoAcura92

Why are you so surprised that the car was made in Japan, then. If you knew Honda made Acura and Honda was a Japanese Company?:what: :2confused

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Not all imports are physically manufactured in other countries. I think that's what he's asking, where the car was manufactured. There are lots of "imports" put together in the United States.
There are Honda manufacturing plants in Ohio, Alabama and Indiana.
Toyota plants in Kentucky, California, Mississippi and Indiana.
BMW plant in S. Carolina.
I think he has to know Acura isn't an American brand, he wants to know where it was built. And If your new to Honda's, and you bought an Acura that says Honda on the engine....it might throw you off a little. You guys tearing him a new one, take it easy.

kako0709

True story.

Your teg was most likely made in this building in Suzuka, Japan. In Japan your car is a Honda, so it will say Honda on the motor.
this is true.

most of our tegs were made over there. and then shipped here in the us or canada for assembly

keep in mind that it was just the unibody and other misc stuff that was made in the Suzuka plant then assembled at Marysville, Ohio ( First ever assembly plant of Honda in America )

to the O.P. - i hope this answered your question

to the others - he might be a noob about it or not but please dont be a smart-as$ just give the guy a straight to the point answer

Last edited: