Why my car shakes? How to fix camber to factory positioning?

awright3331

G1 TEG
Ok, I dont have money for a camber kit, I have to buy 2 tires, a front end alignment, and a alternator with belt to complete the rest of my mechanical fixes. it looks like my camber is off on the left side, so two questions are, how do i check to see if camber is off, how do I fix it if it is? also, my front tires which are brand new, are wearing on the inside because of it.

Nick_C78

If you are noticing substantial wear on brand new tires, it isn't a camber issue. It is your toe.

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
You say tires, plural, both wearing on the inside? Then both have camber problems, not just the left.

Unfortunatly, unlike the rear, the front cannot be easily manipulated as far as stock goes. There is a caveman way to check how bad your camber is, and thats to put your car on level ground, and put an angle finder on a flat spot of the rim (not a protractor)(not the tire). This will only be as precise to half a degree. Computerized can down to like .02 or sum thing. You can look visually and see if the top part of the wheel is leaning in, if it does, thats cambered, and causing your tire wear. Idk how to adjust stock control arms (camber arms) but maybe someone can chime in

Btw, are you lowered at all? How much is the car driven?

Edit: ^^^^isnt inside tire wear caused from camber?

Sent from my DC4

Nick_C78

Edit: ^^^^isnt inside tire wear caused from camber?
Yes, but it isn't the only thing that causes the inside of the tire to wear. Also, camber wear is very slow and gradual and depends on how much camber there is. He is noticing it wearing rapidly from the sound of it, which is toe. Toe wears tires very quickly. And depending if it is toed in or toed out changes which shoulder of the tire is wearing. So unless he has like -4+ degrees of camber and 100 psi tire pressures, it is his toe.

awright3331

G1 TEG
Yes, but it isn't the only thing that causes the inside of the tire to wear. Also, camber wear is very slow and gradual and depends on how much camber there is. He is noticing it wearing rapidly from the sound of it, which is toe. Toe wears tires very quickly. And depending if it is toed in or toed out changes which shoulder of the tire is wearing. So unless he has like -4+ degrees of camber and 100 psi tire pressures, it is his toe.
I should clarify, its not rapid, i got the tires the first of april, and i put them on the front, my car pulls to the left, i only looked at the left tire, im not lowered at all, stock suspension with stock height. Im getting two new tires in a week for the rear, and if that doesnt fix the shaking im screwed for another month on the front end, which isnt a bad thing its just ill have enough money left to pay my phone and thats it. The car is driven about 50 miles a day every day!

DC Guardian

Uniqueness defines
Ehh less than a month old and theres inside wear? I think hes right, toe wear. Bad toe would also cause shaking, especially higher speed turning. Then again so would unbalanced wheels and bad tires. Fix the toe (which the front alignmdnt should take care of) and let us know how it turns out. That would only be step 1.

Sent from my DC4

awright3331

G1 TEG
Ehh less than a month old and theres inside wear? I think hes right, toe wear. Bad toe would also cause shaking, especially higher speed turning. Then again so would unbalanced wheels and bad tires. Fix the toe (which the front alignmdnt should take care of) and let us know how it turns out. That would only be step 1.

Sent from my DC4
wheels are new and balanced so its gotta be toe than? And i guess ill see what happens next month

enoch723

It is your toe.. And I keep saying, good luck finding a camber kit that will fit a G1 teg.. not that thats what you even need

awright3331

G1 TEG
Alright I'm gonna get an alignment as fast as possible. Its only 70 bucks...

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk HD

awright3331

G1 TEG
It is your toe.. And I keep saying, good luck finding a camber kit that will fit a G1 teg.. not that thats what you even need
I am actually glad its not the camber. i believe camber is set by the factory to their standards for the vehicle that they build. I believe that it should not be adjusted, or manipulated in any way unless it has to be. I dont judge others for doing it, to each their own I always say. But I like to have my cars suspension set the way the manufacture set it up to what they felt was the best for the vehicle.. thanks everyone, now I am pretty sure that I can get that taken care of, then move on to other things I need to put money into.

awright3331

G1 TEG
Alright yall, got all new tires and a front end alignment, tested it out after words and the car does not shake, shimmy, jiggle, or wiggle at all