why this always happen to me

built_ls

:evil:

every honda i own i always have overheating problems. I drove my car to work. (about a ten mile drive) by the time i get there the needle is on the farthest the it can go. But my engine wasnt smoking neither was there any strange sounds. So imma go back out side at Midnight and take a look and see if i have coolant/water in my radiator.

But if my needle got that high, should i see smoke? And the valve cover didnt seem unusually hot.....

poordc2

:evil:

every honda i own i always have overheating problems. I drove my car to work. (about a ten mile drive) by the time i get there the needle is on the farthest the it can go. But my engine wasnt smoking neither was there any strange sounds. So imma go back out side at Midnight and take a look and see if i have coolant/water in my radiator.

But if my needle got that high, should i see smoke? And the valve cover didnt seem unusually hot.....

well maybe your temp gauge or temp. switch is bad.....you could be low on coolant too....just try to do what i do...every morning before i start my day with driving my car anywhere i open my hood and check my oil and water and brake and clutch fluid, and i take a look at my belts before i start the car up because you never know when your car wants to take a shit on you.....hope this will help

built_ls

yup i was low on coolant. i put some water in it for now. til the morning i can go to auto parts and get some coolant. i hate driving a car with the needle acting crazy on me

poordc2

yup i was low on coolant. i put some water in it for now. til the morning i can go to auto parts and get some coolant. i hate driving a car with the needle acting crazy on me
yea i know what you mean but if you just do what i posted above then you should be ok....i mean 5 minutes to check out your car in the morning would save you 5 hour from being on the side of the road or in a parking lot and it would also save alot of the headache

Rich-PMS

You mist likely have a cracked hose or bad radiator cap.

If your coolant system is not air tight, when it boils it'll evaporate. And you will lose coolant, and over heat.

built_ls

^. i wish i could rep u on my phone but..... this is exactly what happen. the little tube to my over flow tank wasnt air tight so the water would evaporate and never go back to the radiator. i didnt realize it at the time but i was setting myself up by ignoring it. everytime i would stop the overfllow tank would steam.

and yeah imma start checking everything in the morning. i use to do it with my old car but i stopped. imma keep a gallon of coolant and some oil in the trunk

Rich-PMS

Glad I could be a help.

I had a smilar problem, and the cuplret was a hose clamp not tight enough.