wideband help?

myteggyssexy

I have just a regular air fuel gauge that hooks straight to the stock o2 sensor. Can I just buy a wideband sensor an use my gauge, or will I have to get new gauge an sensor? An if so does anyone know where to get them cheap?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Technically you can but its not going to have the resolution you need.

The stock O2 sensor is a narrow band sensor meaning is 1v resolution therfore your AFR gauge is 1v as well. These arent accurate bc the resolution is very narrow and the scale is not even linear.

A wideband O2 sensor has a 5v resolution. However most wideband units, like the AEM, have an alternate 1v output so you can use it with the stock ECU. You could use this output for your AFR gauge as well but I dont think it would work as well as a native wideband gauge would.

myteggyssexy

Umm I've been trying to find a tuner around the northeast TN. NW NC. Or south west va I've been looking an can't find anyone there used to be a guy at ride revolutions just right down the road but they went out of business an I don't know how to get a hold of him. But thanks a lot muckman

96LSteg

Jemel
I live in NC. The only two legit tuners here are blueridge motor sports in Hickory NC and RLZ in Charlotte NC.

myteggyssexy

Those are still over 3 hrs away I was thinking some where around knoxville or Bristol maybe asheville . Has anyone ever heard of blind side imports in knoxville tn?