Wild Shaking

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
So I've always had a bit of a shake in the steering wheel & pedals with my integra, but very recently it took a turn for the worst. For some reason now it is very bad while coasting between 50mph-60mph and if I accelerate 65mph+ it is reeeeaaaally bad. I was reading about tire balance and the radial run out affecting the vibration in the car. I do have a trailing arm bushing (i believe, i'll double check now) on the rear passenger side that is shot.

I just want a smooth ride again guys!! It's getting time for new tires very very soon, but I don't want to spend the money just yet if that is the issue.

nugget

I Love My Toyota.
wheel alignment? would also be a wheel balance issue. my brother had a similar issue with his tahoe years back. he put some aftermarket wheels on it and the steering wheel would shake like crazy if he went over 60km. he then got the wheels rebalanced and it was fine.

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
maybe that's what i'll do then. I just don't want to spend the money on a tire balance with these tires because they have maybe 30% tread left on them :(

Sp4150

could be tie rod ends have you checked yet? or even a bent rim....

emd513

Check ur tire asap. I've had a lot of people come n complaining about the same thing n its a tire where a belt has broken in it. I would do that first. Most shops will charge u nothing to look n see for u

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
Discount Tire, from what I know, will balance for cheap/free. There could be that belt that broke in the tire (as stated above) or a flat spot on the tire due to uneven wear.

Get wheels balanced. If thats not the problem, new tires FTW!

Go on tire rack, look for the same type of tire Discount has, and they'll price match. Thats how I got my kumho AST 195/50R15's for 30 each!!

lowazzteg

3rd Super Mario Bro
i'd like to stick with nitto. The NeoGen's I have now are $330 shipped from eBay.

Oh, and to close this thread, I scraped a bunch of grease off my rim from a ripped axle boot :cry:

Time to spend $60!