will 17" rims fit? pros/cons?

joshuathewolf

Broke but no Joke
just got 4, 17" vision low profile wheels and im wondering how well they fit on a 93 civic, (un-lowered). they are on now but have really bad tires so i am not driving till i can afford new ones. they fit but are 205/40/R17's.
my question is will 225/40/R17's fit and what are the pros/cons of a thinner/thicker tire?

the reason om on club integra with this is the civic has an integra engine and im already set up on this site.

rockadilla

thats right.
they will fit.
pros: none, except maybe looks if u like that kind of look
cons: will make the car slower
will look too big for ur car, especially since its not lowered
turning radius will decrease

u shouldnt have any rubbing at all since u arent lowered

i have 17"s and am running a 205/40 tire

Last edited:

built_ls

sell the car with them on and get an integra.

BeatBox

Real Good!
bahahahaha

yeah Id go with a smaller wheel/tire combo, but if you like them go ahead and put them on.
since you havent bought them you still have option to sell them and look for smaller wheels before you spend all that money on new tire.

Last edited:

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
i loved my 17s. but they caused my teg to eat bearings. the way the rim looks will really determine whether or not they look good. got a pic of the rims?

White DC4

i loved my 17s. but they caused my teg to eat bearings. the way the rim looks will really determine whether or not they look good. got a pic of the rims?
i got 17s on my car look at my newbie post i have pics of my 17s lowered on skunk 2 and drives fine....no rubbing at all..

built_ls

very nice. I'd get them.
cons: will make the car slower
if you aint racing with your civic than you should bot really worry about added weight that much. just lower it until you have no gap and they will look clean.