Will it fit?

SiDream

Thinking about a k24 swap into my 93 da will the hood close or will there have to be modifications or will I have to purchase an aftermarket hood?

dAb2JV

i heard its expensive as fuhk and a lot of hardwork.....i would love to be able to fit one into my car, theres a k24 at the junkyard right now for like 900 bucks. if i knew how to do it and had the money i would, but from what ive heard, its not a simple swap

Prozon

Kris
Seriously? THAT is your concern with doing the swap? Not the wiring? Or the mounts? JUST the hood?

thenoxus1

Quick-Spool Racing LLC
10k is extreme lol. Dependson swap. I believe they fit fine, just a pain to do it all

SiDream

I know, it sounds crazy I'm not asking about all the other issues that may be there. My only concern is if the stock hood will close without modification to the hood. I don't want to have to get a cowled hood, or switch over to something that isn't stock or CF I want the body of my car to look as stock as it is now. If I have to swap hoods, then I will go a different route. So yes, in my eyes, the wiring can be a bitch, I can throw money at the wall until it sticks to get the swap done, but I'm just stuck on the hood thing.

10k is extreme lol. Dependson swap. I believe they fit fine, just a pain to do it all
True. $10k is about what you'll pay for a 3 rocker iVtec K series installed/tuned by a shop. The 2 rocker motors are significantly less expensive and the more you do yourself the more the cost goes down.

OP, yes it can be done as to have the stock hood close. It may require custom mounts that cause the motor and trans to sit lower and you wont be able to lower the car as much.
Honestly, it sounds like you're going about this half cocked. You need to do a lot more research then start asking questions from a more informed perspective.

SiDream

True. $10k is about what you'll pay for a 3 rocker iVtec K series installed/tuned by a shop. The 2 rocker motors are significantly less expensive and the more you do yourself the more the cost goes down.

OP, yes it can be done as to have the stock hood close. It may require custom mounts that cause the motor and trans to sit lower and you wont be able to lower the car as much.
Honestly, it sounds like you're going about this half cocked. You need to do a lot more research then start asking questions from a more informed perspective.
Actually, I'm not going on this half cocked, the hood fitment is the deciding factor. Being this is CI, I figured I would ask here, out of 75k users I would guess there is a couple around who have seen a k24 in a 2nd gen.

Actually, I'm not going on this half cocked, the hood fitment is the deciding factor. Being this is CI, I figured I would ask here, out of 75k users I would guess there is a couple around who have seen a k24 in a 2nd gen.
So out of all the sites Google and other search engines can show you, you found no definitive answer as to the fitment of the hood? Is Google broken on your computer?

Kyle

http://k-tuned.3dcartstores.com/K-Swap-Package-Level-FOUR_p_23.html

Full kit for a swap. Just need an engine, trans, axles and your tuning program/ECU (they can supply Kpro with an ECU as well+ a bunch of upgraded goodies for more $) Personally I'd do this, less headache. Email them, they can make a kit for your DA (probably will be alittle more but hey you want it to fit). Ask them about hood clearance, I bet they'll have your answer.

dateg88

For all the money and time your gonna spend trying to go k swap why not just do a nasty turbo b series?? Thats just how i look at the whole k swap thing. Just my 2¢

SiDream

k24 will not fit, k20 will with the stock hood. There is aprox. 1 inch of clearance difference on the k24 and k20.

Date, that is in the considered options.

I have been researching my things, but most I was turning up with was cowled hoods or aftermarket hoods for the k24 nothing definite, at least in the area's I was looking in. But I did receive a definite answer.

My options are as follows;

b18a bottom end with a b16 vtec head possible boosted
b18c1/c5 boosted
b20 ITB build
h2b - but I'm not sure if I want the headache I was running into previously.
k20 - boosted or bored to a 2.2

I was hoping for a positive answer on the k24.

To the finer points of cost, why the hood is an issue, or down time of my ride...

I'm going back into truck driving, so I will not see my car more than a couple hours a month, and that's provided I get routed through Vegas. Since I have no financial obligations other than car insurance, I will have nothing but money to throw at the car after I pull it into the shop that will be doing all of the under the hood work on it. Once I reach my financial goals I'll get off the road, and have a car that I feel will make me happy in the hp/torque area and then I can finish the rest of the car.

Now for the hood issue. I understand the importance of kills, alarms, and levels of security. I understand this very well as I lost a clean 91 CRX Si (pic in my newbie welcome thread) to thieves after I had left Vegas the first time. I've learned that when you start to do mods to your car, that it attracts attention, most times unwanted attention. So, I have a stock looking car but a cowled hood. People wonder, what's under the hood. I don't want them to find out. Keeping a stock hood, everything looks stock under a street light. That, and it also imho looks like rice, even if it's serving a function, how many times have you gone down the road seen a hood and thought that looks like a ricer and not known if something was under there? Granted, 99% of the time you are right.

I like my ride to be aesthetically appealing. When I finish with my build, you will see full interior, you won't see autozone parts, or crazy mods, huge tach on the pillar, or a million led lights. You will find a nice paint job, wheels, nice clean interior, maybe some light jdm parts (side markers, 1 piece headlights, tails, and mirrors) and then a powerhouse under the hood. I've seen some sick da's and I've seen some serious cross breeds of rice.

Oh and Broken, no.. lol google isn't broken. Honda-tech is, but google isn't.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
f*** it i'll be nice, next time though fix your google searching skills

"We ran a supercharged K24 with the K20 Type-R head in the Hasport Time Attack DC2 Integra with no (carbon fiber hood) clearance issues. You should not have a problem with power steering with Hasport mounts. If you can get back issues of Super Street Magazine there is a feature on the car in the August 2004 issue. Good Luck with your project."- Brian Gillespie of Hasport

Another option should you run into issues using an oem hood would be to cut out the hoods skeleton or webbing as its often referred to. I had to do this once to clear a radiator and wastegate in my old boosted b series crx.

Last edited: