will it work?

TheSkygun

i found an aem cold air intake for a 98 gsr sedan
will it fit my 97 ls coupe?

only difference i see that is different is that the gsr throttle body is on the bottom side of the intake

only other aem cold air intake i found is for a 04-07 sti so i doubt that would fit

dlo253

Fk wasting money on a piece of piping with a damn aem sticker. Go with an eBay intake and buy a good filter and save yourself quite a few bucks. But iirc, somebody has asked this before and the answer is no. But let someone who knows for sure chime in.

1qikteg

if your gonna buy an ebay one. make sure you keep your stock intake cause you will need it for smog

dlo253

Ah didn't see u were in Cali. Might as well go with the aem since its carb approved.

TheSkygun

^ yeah thats why i havent picked up a cheap ebay one, instead trying to find a aem one on craigslist. but wasn't sure if that one would fit. people around here have been putting them up for sale for around 100 which is why i even considered them. thanks for the input for it not fitting haha.

TheSkygun

i might just pick up a ebay cold air intake though to save money and keep my stock one for smog, since i just did it i won't need to next year. just the aem one would be easy for the fact i wouldnt have to replcae it with stock just to smog

dlo253

Yeah, but shit its not all that hard to put the stock one back on for inspection really. What is it once a year or sumthn? You could get a quality filter and eBay cai brand new for around 100 Maybe less Haha.

TheSkygun

that is very interesting haha, well i have never done it before so not sure how hard it is but sure i can do it. every other year which is why i might just do that. one guy on craigslist is selling a new cold air intake that would fit my car for 40 bucks just no carb sticker bc its a small company

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/2806249967.html

does that seem like a good deal, all id need to buy then is a filter

dlo253

Lol didn't see that last post before my last one Haha. Every other year? Shiit, ain't worth paying for just That damn Carb and brand name sticker haha.

Idk, page wont load for some reason. But I'm sure its fine, u could probly get it for 30 Haha.