Will these even fit?

Thekris

Ok i've got some falkens that are 195 50 15 and I currently have fat fives on them. What Im wondering is if 15x7 xxr 522s will fit on the tire. Im confused with how the first number of tires works and also will 15x8 even fit?

Cripton805

I would go with 205/50/15's
Assuming that the XXRs are 15's

they might fit, but you might be stretching some. on 7s. definately on 8s and possibly rubbing. You might need to roll your fenders with 8s

Thekris

Well i mean I know those are reccomended but Im broke and don't have enough money for new tires again. I'll definitely stay with 15x7 but when you say they may need stretching, how does that work. I was planning on having some shop putting the tires on and balancing them...

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
stretching wont be a problem. getting them to fit/look right is.

but with those tires, they both van fit on a 7 or 8 inch wide wheel.

mdan9193

Mdan
Is stretching a 195 50 15 on a 15x8 dangerous or unsafe? Will the ride be more harsh? Anyone care to explain? I am broke just like the op lol so I don't want to buy new tires if u get a 15x8

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
nah. not at all. its perfectly fine. i wanted to go 195/45or40 series on a 16x8 but i couldnt find any at a cheap price.

a friend of mine actually stretched a 195/45 on a 15x8.5 or a 9. i forget. but it looked like this

and if you dont believe me...

mdan9193

Mdan
Okay sound good coy, because I do a lot of daily driving, 60 miles each day so I want to make sure stretching tires is safe..I've done research and some people say no because it makes the sidewall thin it smaller and some people say its fine.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
yes. it'll make the sidewalls 'thinner' and yes, youll still have camber wear even though youve zero'd out the toe. but it wont be as bad if you didnt get an alignment.

theres a safe stretch and then theres stupid-retard stretch. the numbers ive posted is fine for a daily driver.

i think Stance Armstrong is my favorite picture whore of all time

+rep
the whistles go woo-woo!! :thumbs up