Will this turbo work on my car?

bradster101

So my cousins dad has a complete turbo setup that he bought for his accord awhile back and never got around to installing it and now wants to sell it. And since Ive been wanting to pick one up for car if everything will work Im going to buy it

Heres my question: Will this setup work?

I know that I will prolly need different piping, management, injectors, etc... but will the turbo, housing and turbo manifold work?

I will post more pix when I get a chance to go back over and look at the rest of everything

bradster101

oh and what do the ar .58 and the ar .70 mean? I believe thats the trim right?

And Im not sure why they are small but if you click them you can see the actual size on image shack

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
yes the .58 and .70 are your trim. looks like your compression side is the .58 and the intake side is the .70

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
yea, 58 trim is the norm for DD's and the mani wont work cause its ment for the accord motor, h22 or h20. its exhaust ports and bolt pattern dont line up to the b18 bolt pattern and exhaust port...

michaelz

unfortunately the mani will not bolt up which really means the whole kit isn't usable.

what accord is this kit for? it's gotta be for the 3L V6 cars because that's a GT35 turbo, way too big for a stock 1.8L integra.

bradster101

yea, 58 trim is the norm for DD's and the mani wont work cause its ment for the accord motor, h22 or h20. its exhaust ports and bolt pattern dont line up to the b18 bolt pattern and exhaust port...
ok. And he had a motor swap but I forgot to ask him what motor..... and what is the turbo itself worth? I assume that since its a brand new garrett (minus it sitting for quite some time) that its around 1000 or so correct?

bradster101

unfortunately the mani will not bolt up which really means the whole kit isn't usable.

what accord is this kit for? it's gotta be for the 3L V6 cars because that's a GT35 turbo, way too big for a stock 1.8L integra.
Couldnt I still use the turbo if I plan on piecing everything else together?

and Im not sure Im suppose to hear from him either tomorrow or the next day - and I plan on rebuilding the motor too... what else would you reccommend doing to the motor??

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
new internals! rods, pistons and make sure your crank can handle your power goal. normally garrentt turbos are anywhere from 500-1000 depending on the model. i think the gt35s are around 850? dont quote me on that though, ive been looking at t3/t4 hybrids myself.

bradster101

yea Ive been looking at t3/t4 for awhile which I think would be better for my goals atm.... I just thought that if this was decent and worked that Id pick it up - BUT judging from what you guys have told me I dont think that I should. Is that what you would say?

Patchezz

(///_-),.I..
honestly, id go with precision turbo's t3/t4 hybrid. you can call them up and tell them the set up you plan to run and they'll give you the best option for your car. plus you can usually get some discounts outta them on the phone if you play it right, my buddy got a turbo for his dsm that was sticker priced at $980 for $850 + 2 free t-shirts lol

michaelz

Couldnt I still use the turbo if I plan on piecing everything else together?

and Im not sure Im suppose to hear from him either tomorrow or the next day - and I plan on rebuilding the motor too... what else would you reccommend doing to the motor??
yes but once you've done all that you haven't really saved any money by buying this kit off him. might as well just hang onto your dollars and piece together parts for your build from scratch.

that turbo will be too laggy anyway on a 1.8 so i wouldn't do it.

if it's dirt cheap, buy the lot and sell it on.