Wind noise

acl

I've just bought a '90 2 dr Integra LS nor long ago. Car runs great! One complaint is the wind noise came from the frameless windows. Does anyone has made improvements that will help to reduce the wind noise? :p

DarkDB1

the only thing i can think of is try to find some window visors.
Doesn't work...

I think you're pretty much screwed... Get a better stereo? or maybe get new window gaskets or clean the rubber up really good, check for cracks or hardness.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
its a car from the 90s.. what'd you expect? trust me, I've had to go from an 04 vehicle to a 95.. big difference imo

Exige24

I've just bought a '90 2 dr Integra LS nor long ago. Car runs great! One complaint is the wind noise came from the frameless windows. Does anyone has made improvements that will help to reduce the wind noise? :p
Look and see if the window is sealing against the rubber all the way around. If your door's been taken apart or your window's been replaced, sometimes the installers don't align them perfectly. I've taken my door panel off and adjusted for that very reason. Sounds great now. :thumbs up

j13

Keep It Clean
I get wind noise all the time on my DC. when the window is cracked about 6" i could hear a whining noise. maybe its just an integra thing

mad_dog

I used to have this all the time. There was a support clip inside the window assembly in the door that was loose, so the window would stick on the OUTSIDE of the seal. Just a quick lower and raise of the window usually will snug it up, after you've closed your door and are ready to drive. Use some Armor All on the seals regularly too to keep them more supple and from cracking.

acl

:shock:[Look and see if the window is sealing against the rubber all the way around.[/QUOTE]

The window goes all the way to the top and is touching the rubber trim. SInce the top part of the door does not has a channel like other cars that cover the window, I can literally see the space gap between the window and the rubber trip even when the window is completely up.:)

Last edited:

acl

Doesn't work...

I think you're pretty much screwed... Get a better stereo? or maybe get new window gaskets or clean the rubber up really good, check for cracks or hardness.
The window visor will not help a bit?