Window motor replacement gone wrong? need help!!!

01teggy

Hi guys,
I have a 01 2 door and my passenger window got stuck down. Automatically I ordered a new motor. So I take everything out and put the new motor in and just as I am holding the door panel up to connect all the connectors I try the window and NOTHING. I decide to check my fuse, the fuse was bad so I replace it and try again, still NOTHING. I then used a test light to check power to all my connectors thinking there might be a loose wire or broken wire somewhere, I have power to all connectors. I then got curious and decided to put some power straight to the old and new motor and they both come on. Now that I find out I have two good motors and a bunch of good connectors I am confused as to why it wont work. I am thinking it is a grounding problem? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

BigDc2

i was about to post a similar problem, until i noticed this. my drivers side started to act up in my 01 gsr and over the weekend i would hit the switch and nothing would happen, but when i would switch the child saftey switch back and forth it would hesitate and start going down automatically, but i couldnt stop it. now its just stuck in the closed position. i think our problem lies in the switch and not the motor??

dc2b18

Wait... What?
You need to use a DMM and test the wire until you find the break in it. You obviously have a power problem and since the original motor is good, go ahead and return the new one. It's pretty expensive, no?

01teggy

You need to use a DMM and test the wire until you find the break in it. You obviously have a power problem and since the original motor is good, go ahead and return the new one. It's pretty expensive, no?
yeah it was 150$ and that is with my grandfathers discount because he owns a shop... still not figured out but i guess over time it will....