Window motor

Tman

Hi,
My passenger side window doesn't go back up smoothly. The motor sounds like it is running fine, but maybe the drive mechanism is slipping? I tok it all apart. The regulator is in good shape - it was just a little mis aligned where the window glass transistions from the lower track into the window frame track. I re-aligned that by shimming the bottom frame some, but the damage to the motor/gear box was already done. When I was looking at motor it looks like the gears may be accessable by removing a round cover.
Has anyone tried to reset the tension on whatever allows the motor to slip from driving the window?

Thanks

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
You sure the little gears inside the window motor arent stripped out? Thats what it sounds like to me. -Aaron

Tman

Maybe, I'm not sure. It runs all the way up - but hesitates now and then. Is there a mechanism which releases the motor from the drive? What happens when the window reaches the top? The motor continues to run until the button is released - right? Can the gear box be opened up?

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Don't quite know how to answer but if you hold down the button when it gets to the top, there is a little circuit breaker that goes off and cuts power, its really cool! The breaker reforms to work again. The motors ive seen you can open them up and look inside. Its little crappy plastic gears inside.

Tman

interesting about the internal relay. If I decide to switch this motor out I'll definately open up the old motor. The window actually seems to be acting ok, for now.
I got the dash out now, replacing the heater core. PIA...