Window problem - electrical?

Matt Wilson

1995 2 door. right side power window stopped working. Pulled off the door panel and pulled out the regulator and motor assembly. Tried new motor by just plugging in the new motor to the car wring. No go. Both the driver and passenger side switches do not activate the motor. I triple checked the fuses, they are not blown. Driver side window is fine. Could it be the drivers' side switch?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
i suspect your main switch like you said, it probally had to do with the lock out switch, try grounding the black wire and see if it starts working.

Matt Wilson

Lock out switch?

Sorry this is a friends car.

By "main switch" are you meaning the drivers side switch that activates both sides? And this switch has a black wire I am assuming?

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
yeah, the drivers switch. the lockout is the rocker switch under the mirror sw. when you pull it out you'll see the big black grounding wire, jump into that and ground it to the body and see if it works.

01teggy

SAME EXACT PROBLEM HERE. passenger window stopped working, took it apart and put a new motor in wired it up...nothing. Took it to my grandfathers shop and messed with it some more. What I am thinking is being that I am getting power to all of the connectors and wires, and the fact that the new and old motor both work when jumped by the battery I think it is a grounding issue. Anyone else have any ideas? Window switches are fine... Tested up and down power to all of them. Any input would greatly help.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
SAME EXACT PROBLEM HERE. passenger window stopped working, took it apart and put a new motor in wired it up...nothing. Took it to my grandfathers shop and messed with it some more. What I am thinking is being that I am getting power to all of the connectors and wires, and the fact that the new and old motor both work when jumped by the battery I think it is a grounding issue. Anyone else have any ideas? Window switches are fine... Tested up and down power to all of them. Any input would greatly help.
ive ran into this prob twice and it was the lockout switch not letting the rt. motor get its ground but if you checked it ,it probally is a broken wire where the wires pass through the door. you most deffinately have a ground problem.

01teggy

ive ran into this prob twice and it was the lockout switch not letting the rt. motor get its ground but if you checked it ,it probally is a broken wire where the wires pass through the door. you most deffinately have a ground problem.
I went through all the wires today and traced them no broken wires.... How to I fix the ground problem?