Window rolling problem

Joshmmc

My passenger door has recently been slammed excessively hard on several occasions by friends, angry girlfriend, etc. And I just noticed today that it's no longer rolling down properly. It smoothly moves down about an inch, then stops completely, then vibrates hard for the next 3 inches before finally resuming normal pace.

Not sure how to go about correcting it. Pull off the panels and hope to see something obvious? Is it more likely a motor thing or to do with the alignment of the glass? Is it something I should even mess with myself or should I go to a glass and body place?

Thanks in advance.

integra87

my about my brother car he open the door panel trying to fix it with duck tape though it would work but it didnt so he use

and tape the window to the door so it wont drop down anymore.

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
my about my brother car he open the door panel trying to fix it with duck tape though it would work but it didnt so he use

:roll: im sorry what did you just say?

the window probably just jumped the track or maybe threw it our of alignment. my guess is if you take the panel off you should be able to find the issue. could be the regulator was knocked around. keep the bitches from slamming your doors! lol

blaketeg

I <3 Boost

:shock: what? :2confused

Joshmmc

Thanks guys, I'll pop the door open tomorrow and take a look around.

Side question, because I may as well use the same thread. My car came with an AEM underdrive pulley unistalled in a box. Is it worth tossing on my car or should I sell it, or what?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
imo they arent worth it unless your gonna be doing a high hp build. people actually tend to run into problems with them because they dont provide enought momentum to drive the alternator to keep the battery charged. but hey man if you want to cause it was free... and free up a few horses go for it