WINDOW TINT?

• YES

Votes: 20 83.3%
  • NO

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

paoloDa92

What up CI!

Im thinking of getting my window tinted cause it gets super fucking hot inside my car when i leave it outside under the sun and i hate the glare i get from the side mirrors from other cars behind me!

So im asking yes or no? And how dark?

pics would be awesome guys! thanks

Joshmmc

I actually have both of those problems too, but never considered tint as a remedy. That's a good idea though. If you're concerned with legality, you'll have to look into what amount of tint is appropriate for each window. For example, where I live, you're allowed to tint your rear passenger windows limitlessly, but you can hardly tint the windshield or driver/passenger window at all. It's also measured in a weird way. You may assume that 5% tint blocks out 5% of light, but it means that 5% gets through, so 5 is quite dark.

I think it'd look good on your car since it's black on black.

DagoAcura92

I have medium timt all around. That's actually 35% Light Transmission. When u get it professionaly done ask them to put tint on the dots in the rear window using the dry method. Don't use water on the last portion of the window,, let it hang dry for an hour in the sun. It sticks better. U will get a lot of protest tho.

paoloDa92

I have medium timt all around. That's actually 35% Light Transmission. When u get it professionaly done ask them to put tint on the dots in the rear window using the dry method. Don't use water on the last portion of the window,, let it hang dry for an hour in the sun. It sticks better. U will get a lot of protest tho.
Dago do you mind taking pics of your car? i just wanna see what it looks like. im really a big fan of window tints but a lot of people thinks its ricer. ha! ill keep in mind what you said.

pics please

sainthavok

私は自分のホンダを愛して
never heard window tint making a car rice, but in so cal it's almost a necessity. with yr all black look i'd go as dark as yr state will allow. need to get mine tinted up as well

crad008

The law in Washington is:
Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
Rear Window Must allow more than 35% of light in.
That is pretty light though, most people I talk to do about 20% which yes is illegal however nobody has had any problems with getting pulled over by Vancouver PD or Clark County, Washington State Patrol might pull you over because they have nothing else to do though.
I plan on getting my tint done at Solar Eclipse and I'll be doing 20% I also work at the Sheriffs Office and have talked to my dad (who is a cop) about getting stopped for it and he says most of the time there too busy to worry about a car thats tints too dark.

paoloDa92

yeah dude where in washington do you live?

i called up solar eclipse and they said they can do all around tint for 150, any tint.

i think im gonna go as dark as i can go legally.

not sure yet tho

bcartwright88

I have 5% tint.
im use to it, but it took quite a long time.. had it on my bmw for over a year.
Get 15%. it will be dark enough, but not too dark.

crad008

east vancouver,
and as I said 35% is as dark as you can go "legally"
but thats not very dark

that pic is 35% in front 20% in rear, in person 35% you can see a lot Im a fan of 20%

Rich-PMS

15% is best IMO, here's a picture on my wifes car-

Jersey doesn't allow any tint on the front side windows, and we've never had a problem in a year. 15% is dark enough to block light, but light enough to not attract cops attention.

Also, find out what brand tint the shop uses and do a google search on the product before committing to using the product.