Windows open at highway speeds.

RS01

Getting the Integra back together after a blown head gasket (Fel-Pro gasket and ARP headbolts, newer rack and pinion, SS cat back exhaust, etc.).

But, at highway speeds the windows pull away from the body about 1/2 an inch. Is this something that any of you have tackled or did you just replace the doors?

djzachtyler

Looking for my next Teg..
driver and passenger windows? I'd say chek the window regulators.. they can get loose and cause this...

RS01

Yes, both of them suck at at highway speeds. That would be nice if it's something that simple although I'm finding out that there is nothing simple about these cars.

Installed the head today and while dropping the pan to clear all the junk out of it, stripped the threads on the block of the rear block support brackets. I think they shelled out when I unbolted them.

djzachtyler

actually for a JDM car these are one of the easier ones to work on... LOL just usually alot of work to be done when you first get one.

Another thought regarding your windows... how is the weather stripping on the surrounds looking? with the windows rolled up it should be able to hold the windows securely in place... if you roll the window down it may pop out, but my workaround in my GS for that is to open my sunroof and close the windows then close the sunroof... That allows me to securely close my windows as the pressue is realeased out the top.,

RS01

The weather stripping is tired. I have a pencil stuck inside the driver side to help it push up against the glass and the passenger side will seal if you are outside and push the glass into the seal.

I agree with your comment that it's a lot of work when you get one. Once we get this one going again it should be good for quite some time. I can tell a lot of previous owners just put up with degrading performance and functionality on this one.

BTW, I knew that when my son bought it. We have spent a lot of hours working on it and he can't wait for it to roll. It has been a rolling classroom to him and I would do it again. In other words, the car has been priceless and he is way of ahead of the rest of the guys in his school in regards to knowing how a vehicle works.

Last edited:

djzachtyler

that right there is a priceless experience for him :)

Once you get to know the car better it gets alot easier to work on. Check out G2IC.com also it is another forum specific to 90-93 integras. TONS of great info over there...

XjoEnX

It sounds like the windows fell off its vertical track/rail. Have you pulled the door panels to inspect it?

RS01

I will do that after we get the engine back together and running. Still have to finish putting cams, manifolds, and exhaust system back on.

Not a bad project. Goal is to have it running by the end of the month.