Winter is coming

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID
Winter is coming.. I started to see few integra drove around in atlanta not like last summer and spring.. I guess they leave all integra in garage and using other car for winter.. If u gonna keep your integra in garage for winter then what you do with your whole money for winter??you buy some parts for integra and leave it in garage till spring then you install it on teg and go out or else?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Well, I don't have a garage, and I don't drive the Teg in the winter. So this year I bought a sweet car cover for it, and my landlord said I can park it in the backyard for the winter. Which is awesome, I won't have to move it everytime the driveway needs to be plowed, and I can take the insurance off it and just have storage level coverage, that'll save me a couple hunderd bucks between December and April.....the price of the cover, almost.
And check this out. 2 weeks ago I scored a set of almost new Nokia Hakkepelitta's, already mounted on Civic steelies w/hubcaps.....for free!!! They're going on my winter car, an '05 EX. I was gonna put my Teg's fat fives on the Civic for the winter because they have almost new Sumitomo all season's on them, not anymore. Hakkepallita's are the king of snow tires!

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'm glad it doesn't snow in SoCal. I can drive my DB8 all year long. I'd miss not driving my DB if it snowed.

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
Daily Driven Tegs FTW...Here in Jersey we put on winter wheels and wash our cars weekly anyway so winter is not a problem...actually, my cold air intake loves the brisk winter nights

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID
I'm glad it doesn't snow in SoCal. I can drive my DB8 all year long. I'd miss not driving my DB if it snowed.
you really lucky, man! i went to cali last year. i like that climate.. there no humid.. GEOGIRA?? HELL YEHH.. FUCKIN HUMID. i cant roll the window down n get some air.. I CANT.. it will make me feeel hot and humid.. I have to turn ac on.. that gay!

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID
im stuck driving my teg through the winter,it's going to be hell.
well me 2!

Daily Driven Tegs FTW...Here in Jersey we put on winter wheels and wash our cars weekly anyway so winter is not a problem...actually, my cold air intake loves the brisk winter nights

wash your car weekly?? how you can handle it?? i know its very cold up there in NJ.. how you wash your car?? its because when you pick the sponge in water in bucket then your hand def gonna freeze...

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
No snow here either. We're lucky if we get a little ice. I drive what I want whenever I want :D

404 Da Teg

Dre Da KID
Well, I don't have a garage, and I don't drive the Teg in the winter. So this year I bought a sweet car cover for it, and my landlord said I can park it in the backyard for the winter. Which is awesome, I won't have to move it everytime the driveway needs to be plowed, and I can take the insurance off it and just have storage level coverage, that'll save me a couple hunderd bucks between December and April.....the price of the cover, almost.
And check this out. 2 weeks ago I scored a set of almost new Nokia Hakkepelitta's, already mounted on Civic steelies w/hubcaps.....for free!!! They're going on my winter car, an '05 EX. I was gonna put my Teg's fat fives on the Civic for the winter because they have almost new Sumitomo all season's on them, not anymore. Hakkepallita's are the king of snow tires!
\

ohh you got two car.. TEG AND 05 EX.. u luckyy.. i only have teg but i was thinking to get CRX worth like 600 dollars.. i jus drive crx as daily drive for school and work.. if i go out with my friend or my gurl then ill using my dc4.. i think that would be easy for me..

DeAcevedo45

Second Glance
wash your car weekly?? how you can handle it?? i know its very cold up there in NJ.. how you wash your car?? its because when you pick the sponge in water in bucket then your hand def gonna freeze...
yeah you just gotta wait for the temp to be above freezing than drive over to the self wash, give it a rinse and some soap and your set. Last year it only snowed like 3 times and of course we couldnt wash our cars. My hand gets frozen but its worth it, to have my car clean while other cars are salty.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
My hand gets frozen but its worth it, to have my car clean while other cars are salty.
Yep, it's worth freezing your butt (and hand) off, to get that awful salt off your car. Just gotta wait for a day where it creeps above freezing and isn't too windy, they happen, but sometimes not for an entire month straight, lol. Fill the bucket with hot water and it's all good.
We Integra owners, we do the jobs Americans won't do, like washing cars. :roll:*sarcasm*

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
2 weeks ago I scored a set of almost new Nokia Hakkepelitta's, already mounted on Civic steelies w/hubcaps.....for free!!! They're going on my winter car, an '05 EX. I was gonna put my Teg's fat fives on the Civic for the winter because they have almost new Sumitomo all season's on them, not anymore. Hakkepallita's are the king of snow tires!
Turns out the steelies with the Hakkepelitta's I scored for free weren't off a Civic, the bolt pattern was too big, probably from an Accord.
But anyway's I just wanted to say that Sumitomo's HTR+ tires are pretty darn good in the snow. I had them on the Civic (mounted on the fat fives) for about a month, we had a few storms in that time, and I was really suprised how good they were in the snow. They're an all-season tire, and they aern't that expensive ($58 each at Tire Rack), I totally recommend them for winter driving, they're solid in the rain too. Great all-season tire guys! Plus they're a quiet ride and comfortable.