Winter Tire Pressure

bradster101

says on the tires... I run 31 up front and 30 in the rear - I have blizzax , and they make a world of difference

khiyasu

i have the blizzaks too. ws60. size 195/60/14. i will go back and check. i did not know they had it on the tires. to check the tire pressure and to know how much to fill them up, do i just get the gauge from somewhere like canadian tire / walmart? and what kind of gauge should i look for? thanks so much!

tgard

i have the blizzaks too. ws60. size 195/60/14. i will go back and check. i did not know they had it on the tires. to check the tire pressure and to know how much to fill them up, do i just get the gauge from somewhere like canadian tire / walmart? and what kind of gauge should i look for? thanks so much!
Yeah just go to the automotive desk at CT and ask them what aisle to find a basic tire pressure gauge in.

tgard

And while you're there ask them for a Hayne's manual for your car. It will tell you how to fix a lot of things in the car.

khiyasu

thanks. also, when i fill up the tires at the gas station, do i use that gauge to measure at the same time? not sure how it works. Thanks

BeatBox

Real Good!
DISCOUNT TIRE FTW !

i run 32psi during winter, 35 during summer, 40 when go on trips.

take air gauge with you(i usually use a good ol pencil air gauge) air it your tires up and check with YOUR gauge most if gauges that are attached to the air hose are usually not too accurate. unless you do to a fancy gas station or discount tire ;-) there this small device you put how much air you want and hook the air hose up and it beeps whens its done, those are usually the best to use.

I have on order a set of Studded Blizzak snow tires FTW!

Last edited:

Merlins Beard

*Beard not included
And while you're there ask them for a Hayne's manual for your car. It will tell you how to fix a lot of things in the car.
dont go buy one, i have one in a pdf for anyone that wants it. its specifically for a 1998 but the info in it will be the same for any 3rd gen teg

sorry guys, new to forum, anyone know how to post a saved file up here? i have it on a flash drive

Last edited:

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
Air your tires up to 38 in the winter if you drive in snow. This helps them warm up faster, stand slightly taller and slimmer. For snow you want skinny tires. I switch to 14 inch rims because they allow for a skinnier tire.

Michelin Xice2 are better than Blizzaks.

In warm weather you should go with the factory recommended temp on the sticker in the glovebox or slightly higher. Don't go too much higher especially on the freeway. All that will do is wear the center of your tires.

Last edited:

khiyasu

yeah got my tire pressure gauge and checked my tire pressure yesterday. they were all around the 60-80psi range! good thing i only drove my car for about 20mins with that pressure. would have been bad! I have them on 32psi right now and they drive great. I dont drive my car in the snow that much so I think I'm going to keep it there for now. Thanks!