Winter woes...

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
ok so it's that time of year again, and the temp is dropping fast. and for some reason, when it's below freezing, my ebrake light on my cluster will come on, and will stay on till the brakes are warmed up. the car brakes fine, and will roll when on a hill and the handbrake is off. the brake fluid is full to the max. any suggestions for this? or do you think i should flush the system?

Also, my A/C compressor even though it's not on, the pulley screams like a banshee for about 15 minutes even after the car has warmed up... any ideas on this?

98_gsr

its a pretty common issue, it happens to me as well. There is nothing wrong with the car, its just the float for the master cylinder gets a little stuck when it gets cold. I just drive mine and then it goes away when the car warms up. The only way to fix it is to buy a new master cylinder float. If you really want you could just pop your hood and wiggle it around a little bit before you drive your car. but dont worry nothing is actually wrong with your brakes.

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
its a pretty common issue, it happens to me as well. There is nothing wrong with the car, its just the float for the master cylinder gets a little stuck when it gets cold. I just drive mine and then it goes away when the car warms up. The only way to fix it is to buy a new master cylinder float. If you really want you could just pop your hood and wiggle it around a little bit before you drive your car. but dont worry nothing is actually wrong with your brakes.
ok cool, it does go away after a bit. i just wanted to make sure it wasnt a serious issue. i thought it might have been wanted in the line or something.

Teidullie

i got the same problem too glad its nothing serious as well

Gorveatt

I <3 HID
so we've determined that it's a known issue with the brake light, what about the A/C compressor? anyone else have that? it's annoying as hell