Wire/Engine Tucking - Most Functional Methods?

AlphaWolf1993

Looking to start a mild tuck job, or more appropriately, bay cleaning. I'm looking for methods to hide certain things while still keeping the functionality of almost everything. I know I want the ABS and P/S and A/C to stay (which I know is really everything large), but looking to clean up a little more than wires. I've seen things such as moving the P/S reservoir to in front of the radiator and several ways to run the wires, most likely to pull them through the door jam wiring hole. I'm looking for just some tricks to move other things to clean that bay a little more while keeping the maximum function, if at all possible.

99TegLs

:google:
there are many threads about this on honda tech/ team integra. Research!!
I've seen a lot of threads for full bay tucks, but not too many for mild tucks... As for the O.P. A thing I'm thinking about doing is a cruise control delete. I never use it and it would clean up the drivers side of the bay a lot. Plus lose like ~4 pounds or so. If you find any threads on mild tucks LMK!

jbrown97ls

There are tons of threads. It seems like you already have a good idea of what to do. Just plan out what works best for you. I'm doing a wire tuck eventually and plan to keep ac/ps/cruise as well.

AlphaWolf1993

Hide you're injector wires under the intake Manny.
See, even simple things like that are perfect to clean up some loose junk.

there are many threads about this on honda tech/ team integra. Research!!
I have, but everything I find is basically "we're gonna rip everything out, fuck function" and I'm not looking for it. I've found a few little odds and ends, like I mentioned up there, but it's hard to find anyone who even keeps any of those parts I mentioned to keep.

Last edited:

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I think the most over looked thing and probablly the simplest thing someone can do to clean up their bay is hide the ugly ground wires. The one that comes off front of valve cover to the radiator support is an eye sore and so commonly over looked when trying to clean up the bay. BTW there is a guy on HT that built an Integra for his gf and kept all the commodites, he tucked the Cruise Control up under the cowl

bkirshr

User that is Registered
along with this ^ I unbolted mine and kind of wedged it right in front of the fire wall on the drivers side

jbrown97ls

I remember seeing a thread on honda tech where a guy re routed his abs too.. you just gotta get creative and be patient

DC4GoFast

i have a car problem
on my car, I flipped the brake booster upside down, to where the vacuum port is on the bottom left, took a pair of visegrips and turned the nipple on the intake manifold downward, and cut the hose to fit. looks alot better

trolleyassassin

almost famous
on my car, I flipped the brake booster upside down, to where the vacuum port is on the bottom left, took a pair of visegrips and turned the nipple on the intake manifold downward, and cut the hose to fit. looks alot better
Just curious ... how did you flip your brake booster upside down? Post a pic i wanna see this

DC4GoFast

i have a car problem
Unbolt the master cylinder from the brake booster, then undo the 4 bolts that hold the booster to the firewall, take the booster completely out,( now would be a good time to repaint if the paint was ate off the fluid like mine was)

Turn 180 degress, to where the vacuum port is below and to the left of the master cylinder:

And heres a pic of the nipple on the mani turned down with the hose..