Wiring & Electronics Ideas For ECU's/Engines

acclude

cheap bastard
I'm getting ready to start a few projects here soon and I was looking for other ideas/suggestions of possible things to do while I'm at it.

Here's what I plan to do:

TunerView for inside gauge cluster or below radio - http://www.hrtuning.com/pages/category/tunerview2-smdash

Since the TunerView will not show wideband A/F, add a wideband gauge inside.

Gauges inside for oil pressure, battery voltage, oil temp, and water temp.

Gauges for under the hood - Tach, wideband A/F, oil pressure, water temp, (already have a fuel pressure gauge)
OR get another TunerView and put that under the hood and only have the wideband A/F, oil press. and water temp. gauges under there. (I have a naked engine bay and have plenty of room for stuff like this)

Add custom under-hood lighting and a switch for them to really light up the engine bay to help working at night or in dark areas.

Custom Switches - Fuel Pump Kill (cuts power to the main relay), CEL code switch, hidden starter disable, relocate ignition switch to center console area and add a push button start.

Add a quick battery disconnect cable (required for a lot of tracks and events)

I basically want to be able to observe all kinds of engine conditions from both under the hood and inside while driving without having to bring the laptop everywhere. I also want to make the car safer and easier to kill power and fuel quickly.

Anyone got any other suggestions or ideas?

acclude

cheap bastard
lol

I've also been looking at the PLX products, particularly the Datalogger - http://www.plxdevices.com/datalogger.html

But when you add the sensor modules w/sensors it comes to about $1200 just to monitor various aspects. If you go the individual gauge route with the sensor modules/sensors it comes to about $1500! Ouch that's a lot and I could think of better things to put $1500 towards (like a LSD trans ;)

If I go the route I want of having duplicate gauges for both inside AND under the hood, analog gauges are by far going to be the cheapest route, but will not be as accurate, will create a wiring/tubing mess under the hood, and doesn't offer any kind of datalogging capability but it's cheap and easy.