wiring stereo, now cluster problems, help

fibe1s

bought a 97 integra ls had no stereo but i had an old one the wire from inside the car were cut so there was no harness.. tryed connecting the wires to the wires on the stereo but hit idk it got dark so i gave up... was gana drive around when i notice the rpms wernt moving up or the speedometer or the cold and hot.. so wat i did was disconnect the battery and reconnected it everything worked fine again but wen i tried to higher the windows it idnt work or the moon roof. my dad moved a couple of fuses and it worked.. tured on my car and the speedometer dont work...
did i mess something up messing with the wires

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
Make sure all fuses are not blown, and the proper amp-age. If you put a 7.5 fuse where a 15 fuse should be, problems could happen. That's the first thing I would try. You don't need a stereo to have your gauge cluster to work. I haven't had a stereo in my car for quite some time now. The only thing I lost was the interior clock. I do a lot of work so I disconnect the battery a lot so I would always have to change it anyway, so I'm glad it doesn't work.

fibe1s

my cluster worked before trying to put in the stereo but now it doesnt .. which fuse would control the cluster

Prozon

Kris
I think the stereo, auto seat belts and gauges must be linked somehow. I noticed somebody asked about seat belts and tach not working awhile back, and they recently did something with their CD player.

Well my CD player is missing, and all the wires are just sitting there exposed, probably touching and shorting out/blowing a fuse. I assume that they are all linked somehow. Cap off all the wires with wire nuts or tape so that they cannot contact each other and check your fuses.

I will have to look more into this.

fibe1s

alright got it..idk wat it was but it was something with the fuse.. thanks for the help u guys

Prozon

Kris
If those wires are still exposed be sure to cover them. If two of the wrong ones touch it'll short something. (Or blow the fuse.)

Congrats on fixing the issue.

Last edited: