woah

Clutch

I'm So Clutch!
i was roaming myspace and i saw one someone literally put a V8 corevette engine his 240. i tried looking for it again but no luck. as funny as it sounds, it was legit. what was funny was he slapped a fuck vtec sticker on his bumper with an arrow pointing under the hood.

cyclotegra

anything is possible. it would just be a lot of major cutting a fabbing. now would it be worth it. no. would it be a fun toy. yes.
I still don't think it would work, you would have to fab up a place for the trans to go, which is like 4ft long. I don't believe there would be any room for front seats. You would have to lengthen the front end. This is all from personal experience in seeing how big the bays are, and how far back the trans goes.

I will try to find a pic of an empty bay.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
I still don't think it would work, you would have to fab up a place for the trans to go, which is like 4ft long. I don't believe there would be any room for front seats. You would have to lengthen the front end. This is all from personal experience in seeing how big the bays are, and how far back the trans goes.

I will try to find a pic of an empty bay.
ive seen it. but it can be done. you just have to find an alternate way to mount the seats.

cyclotegra

i was roaming myspace and i saw one someone literally put a V8 corevette engine his 240. i tried looking for it again but no luck. as funny as it sounds, it was legit. what was funny was he slapped a fuck vtec sticker on his bumper with an arrow pointing under the hood.
That is a normal thing these days. The new thing is vette motors in civics.

cyclotegra

ive seen it. but it can be done. you just have to find an alternate way to mount the seats.
Your right, I guess I shouldn't be so down on that it can't be done, hell they are putting vette motors in civics now, I guess anything can be done. I would love to see it done, that would be a hell of a project.

cyclotegra

isnt that the truth. but sometimes boredom leads to amazing things.
Exactly, see how much excitement and exposure it has brought to the honda/acura world. Think of all those civic hatches with B series or bigger, they would just have the old Dseries motors. And all the products made for them wouldnt be here. And think of everything else that has been done. Its a very good thing it has transformed into what it has today.

AcurInteg96

Just call me chris.
i hope the true car love never goes away. i know the auto industry is down i just hope that all the people restoring a builiding up existing cars doesnt stop.

cyclotegra

i hope the true car love never goes away. i know the auto industry is down i just hope that all the people restoring a builiding up existing cars doesnt stop.
I don't see it stopping anytime soon. Parts are cheap, engines are cheap. Only way i see it stopping is if price on everything goes up.