won't go into gear :(

DJNugent

Synchronizers are not expensive parts but replacing them will require pulling the trans out of the car and apart.
More likely than the synchros being the issue(because you didn't mention a steady degradation of shift quality or a steady increase in grinding gears), check for a bad clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder.

Also, you probably need to wait more than 9 minutes before you add a "no one has info" response to your own thread. I know it sucks, but give it an hour or two so a few people actually get to look at it.

the shift quality sucked ass cause i wasnt using the clutch after it happened, i just jammed it into gear speed shifting way, i didnt grind 1 gear which i was shocked bout not doin and if u read my first post it was at 12 and my second when i said noone has info was at 2 so if im not mistaking thats 2hours apart so if ur gonna be a dick bout me rushin make sure u can read/count

DJNugent

i aint to worried bout how much this shit will cost im just tryin to find out alittle info on what it could be exactly before i start takin this apart, i personally dont think its the clutch at all because once i got goin i could push the clutch in and it would drop the rpm gauge to idle rpms i just couldnt get it to switch gears without jammin it into that gear plus the clutch in this has less then 2000miles so if the clutch went out then that brand is useless and cheap lol

rockadilla

thats right.
K so first if u haven't yet replace the clutch master/slave cylinders, should only be about a hour of work, then if that doest fix it, then its pretty much gotta be the syncros

the shift quality sucked ass cause i wasnt using the clutch after it happened, i just jammed it into gear speed shifting way, i didnt grind 1 gear which i was shocked bout not doin and if u read my first post it was at 12 and my second when i said noone has info was at 2 so if im not mistaking thats 2hours apart so if ur gonna be a dick bout me rushin make sure u can read/count
I wasn't being a dick, I was simply making a point that saying, "no one has any info" is useless. And if you notice, I edited it after I looked closer at the time.
Pardon us commoners for our short comings, oh Infallible One.(this time I am being a dick).:roll:
Again, check your master and slave cylinder. My 95 did the same thing when the MC busted.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Personally, I think it's your transmission oil. Change your transmission fuild out, I reccomend valvoline semi-synthetic, and put in the correct amout (for some reason people think your supposed to fill it up till it comes out the fill port) and see if that will help.

Personally, I think it's your transmission oil. Change your transmission fuild out, I reccomend valvoline semi-synthetic, and put in the correct amout (for some reason people think your supposed to fill it up till it comes out the fill port) and see if that will help.
I saw that a lot at the Honda shop I worked at.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Yea, I don't know what peoples deal is with that. Lets just start filling peoples engines up till it comes out the valve cover and see how well it works.

DJNugent

lmao why the hell would people fill up the transmission till it start overflowing thats retarded, u really think the transmission fluid would do that tho?? well i kinda hope its that then i kinda dont cause if the info ur all giving me thats easy to do dont work im yankin the motor out and puttin all forged internals in it with new cams and cam gears and etc.. then checkin to see why the hell it aint goin into gear, but i forgot to mention that when this started happenin the clutch kinda like gave away for a sec and when i pushed it back in it was kinda tough then after i pushed it in again it was smooth like normal idk if this will help out anymore with what it could possibly be but thanks for the info everyone and if u come up with any ideas what else it could be let me know, and if/when i get it fixed ill let everyone know what it was and how i fixed it

Last edited:

DJNugent

I wasn't being a dick, I was simply making a point that saying, "no one has any info" is useless. And if you notice, I edited it after I looked closer at the time.
Pardon us commoners for our short comings, oh Infallible One.(this time I am being a dick).:roll:
Again, check your master and slave cylinder. My 95 did the same thing when the MC busted.
hahaha ight my bad for bein a dick, the only reason i put "noone has any info" is to update it because the days switched so it wasnt in BIG LETTERS like a new update thread is, so it wasnt useless to me cause it got people talkin on here!!

Last edited:

DJNugent

haha aussie thanks for bein a dick but i work full time 12hour shifts 5-5 and im only 19 and party alot and never sleep so its hard for me to do shit when im not off, and this thread aint worthless cause i found out some info on what it is, why do people like u have to bitch and moan bout threads with non noledged people tryin to get some fuckin information!!! if u think this post is worthless dont fuckin put ur words in it, im takin the tranny out tomorrow when im NOT WORKIN replacing it with a stage 3 clutch so get bent!!!!

Sp4150

haha aussie thanks for bein a dick but i work full time 12hour shifts 5-5 and im only 19 and party alot and never sleep so its hard for me to do shit when im not off, and this thread aint worthless cause i found out some info on what it is, why do people like u have to bitch and moan bout threads with non noledged people tryin to get some fuckin information!!! if u think this post is worthless dont fuckin put ur words in it, im takin the tranny out tomorrow when im NOT WORKIN replacing it with a stage 3 clutch so get bent!!!!

Knowledge? lol wow stop partying and start studying thats not even a abbreviation thats just lack of knowledge

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Look mate, don't start cryin like a baby. You got a bunch of ideas so go do something with them. No one said anything about you being ignorant when it comes to working on cars. However, there's no point in us wasting our time to give you ideas of what may be wrong, if your not going to do anything with them.

DJNugent

i had to wait till i was off before i could do anything my new clutch and pressure plate will be here tomorrow and im rippin it apart tomorrow so in other words i am doin something bout and i aint ur mate!!! it srry my parents dont pay for my shit i work my ass off to get what i got!!! and sp4150 go fuck urself i dont give a shit if i spelled something wrong do i look like im in a god damn spellin bee hell no!!! i put shit the way i want it to be and obviously u knew what i was tryin to say so if u look at it it was abbreviated!!! i cant stand snobby nosed little bitches like u parents spoil u and u wont go no where inlive without them!!