won't start?! whoa dude why??

rexpepper123

so heres the story everyone. i went an got some cigs and my car started just fine when i left the gas station. i got about 2 blocks away an my car dies. i got it towed home. when i popped the hood i had the spark plug for cylinder 3 was popped off the dizzy. so i replaced it which a set of wires i had and still nothing. the car cranks and i can here the fuel pump buzzing.could i have flooded the car while i was trying to start it before while i was waiting for my father to come two me? ( i was only 4 blocks from home) i have it sitting in my garage now. like i said i replaced the unplugged spark plug wire and it drove fine from applebees to the gas station. what could this be? im clueless. could it be the cap an rotor? im going to check tonight if its getting spark or not and will update.

rexpepper123

yeah im bout to do that here in a min. its weird it cranks over like normal but nothing after. im going to see if i jumped timing as well.

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
If all the fuses and grounds are fine, you might need to get new electrical stuff (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, distributor). Look inside and see if there is anything that looks like it shouldn't be there. Also, how did the plug come off? was it on there loose or did something happen that made it fall off? That might be the key factor here.

rexpepper123

im not sure i replaced the plug wires about a year ago when i got the car an did a little tune up. plugs, wires, and fuel filter. im not sure how it popped off the dizzy. i took the plugs off an they smell of gas so imma turn it over a time or two just to get some the gas out put everything back an try it. if no go im going to replace the cap an rotor tomorrow after work. my buddy said it could be the ignition contorl mod. but im not sure on that one just yet.

zachb20vtec

sounds like you may of flooded it and you got to much spark and it popped off . just check all you spark systems and see if you can find anything out of ordinary

johnnymass

To clear the gas out of the cylinders you can floor the gas pedal while you start the car. IIRC the ecu reads that as clear flood and shuts the injectors off while the motor is cranking. Hope that helps

rexpepper123

i took the plugs out and everything but still no go. im not sure if i tested for spark right. i took off the plug wires from the dizzy and pulled the boot back an held it close to the same plug in for the wire i had removed to see if there was spark between the two. there didnt seem to be a spark but like i said i could of been testing wrong. its to cold out tonight to keep trouble shooting its like 9 degrees out. if anyone has any ideas that would be great

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
so heres the story everyone. i went an got some cigs and my car started just fine when i left the gas station. i got about 2 blocks away an my car dies. i got it towed home. when i popped the hood i had the spark plug for cylinder 3 was popped off the dizzy. so i replaced it which a set of wires i had and still nothing. the car cranks and i can here the fuel pump buzzing.could i have flooded the car while i was trying to start it before while i was waiting for my father to come two me? ( i was only 4 blocks from home) i have it sitting in my garage now. like i said i replaced the unplugged spark plug wire and it drove fine from applebees to the gas station. what could this be? im clueless. could it be the cap an rotor? im going to check tonight if its getting spark or not and will update.
Sorry man. I made it as far as cigs, and decided to smoke. I Will read tomorrow :)

1994 Integra

This happened to me and i tested my coil and it was way out of range. Pop your cap and rotor off. Take the the wiring off the coil then unbolt the coil and check resistance.