Won't start

Bower

So after school i get into my teg to start it and wont start. My buddies and I tried to jump it but no sucess. So my mom came and got me and we went back out with my jumper pack. I tried it again and again the same thing. It was making a clicking noise. Would it be just a bad battery, starter or alternator?

Thanks for all info

gizmointegra

if it just clicking sounds and u get power on ur dashboard it should just be the started just hit it with a pipe and it should start but double check ur battery and ur alternater to make sure its charging ur battery but for sure change ur starter

Prozon

Kris
You can start a car without an alternator. All an alternator does is keeps your battery charged.
Your battery is probably fine, just sounds like the starter to me. Do as suggested and give it a good smack on the big part of the starter. If it doesn't help you might need to change it.

Prozon

Kris
That is a VERY good suggestion. If it is a manual, just push it and pop the clutch.

Also, I just had a thought. Remove the battery cables and clean them and the battery posts with a wire brush. Could just be dirty. I bet it'll start right up. :D

Prozon

Kris
That is a VERY good suggestion. If it is a manual, just push it and pop the clutch.

Also, I just had a thought. Remove the battery cables and clean them and the battery posts with a wire brush. Could just be dirty. I bet it'll start right up. :D