woot woot no PS

ltrain

i was debating wether to take it out or not because i wanted to try auto x, but i wanted to remove the weight and have a cleaner bay (1 hp dont hurt either), so im like screw it ill just remove the belt and go for a spin, i drove in a hatch a while back with no ps and it wasnt bad, but after driving my teg in a empty parking lot like a nut pretending there were cones everywhere, i actually liked it with out ps and found that it wouldnt be a hassle to auto x without ps like i thought it would be.
all i gotta do is loop the system and remove the extra shit then my bay is oficially gutted, all thats left is a minor wire tuck and swap

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
I personally would keep power stearing... but if you're hardcore about weight savings, then do it!

patrick4588

Integra God
ill probably take mine out eventually, its really not harder to steer at all. i feel like i have more control without powersteering.

TougeRunner

Solid Snake kills himself
Do it man, just because it's dirty doesn't mean it's not properly taken care of, I wanna see.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
Just removing the belt will not give you the right idea. Remove the PS lines and turn the wheel back and forth a few times to bleed out the PS fluid and then cap off the lines. Voila, manual rack (kinda). If you just remove the belt you will still be trying to move fluid that has nowhere to go and have ridiculous resistance and require alot of force to turn. Removing the PS is not a bad thing for autoX. On hot days it is possible to outrun the capabilities of the PS pump or superheat the fluid to boiling point making it very inconsistent and very hard to drive fast. I just fabricated a PS cooler for my GSX instead of removing it