worn syncros, rebuild tranny or tranny swap?

Prozon

Kris
My bad! I got completely sidetracked and forgot to post up the picture. Here is the link to the Factory Service Manual, it's what I used to rebuild the transmission. It has a few exploded diagrams that will help you too. You have to register on the site to download it, but it only takes a second to register.

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/
(Just find the correct manual on the list.)

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I was looking into a Gs-R tran's when I thought mine was going out and I was going to pay $650 plus core exchange and another $300 for installation for a refurbished tran's

Prozon

Kris
Well I downloaded the 90-93 Integra Factory Service Manual. If your car is newer find the manual for your car. You should get like 10 .pdf files in a folder which will include the different sections. It's extremely useful.

Here is the link for the rebuild kit I used. All the bearings and seals worked great, and it's got your normal brass synchros. I was quite happy to find it considering the other kits I found were like $600 for some bull crap "Carbon Fiber Synchros" which were like $300 on their own. I don't give a flying fuck about some stupid carbon fiber synchros, 273k on my transmission and only the third gear synchro went out, I think i'm fine with the stock synchros lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acura-S80-Y80-YS1-Transmission-Rebuild-Kit-1992-On-1-8L-/370481330133?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item56426877d5

I've got 3k on my rebuild so far, not a single grind. Which is a helluva lot better then before considering I couldn't use my third gear at all without grinding. The only specialty tools I used were snap ring pliers, a press, a slide hammer to pull the bearings ($30 for a kit at harbor freight), and a feeler gauge to check clearances.

Good luck.

Teggykid952

Junkyard and swap yourself. It's not super hard and a Helms manual will get you through the process mostly pain-free.

ralfferly

Prozon, I have a 93, I was having issues down loading a couple of the manuals. i was asking which manual you used so I know I got the correct one thanks for the help!!

p0tter7

Where you get the kit from for 250$ I'm LOOKIG to do the same thing and I found kits for 600. And with the grinding would the gear be messed up from grinding it? Won't really know till it's apart but just questions so I got an idea what I'm looking at when it comes apart