worst cruise night EVER!

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
So most people have a bad cruise night with just one miss-hap. I ended up w/ 3. First due to my ignorance I hadnt checked my oil in about 2000 miles and it had burned quite a bit and car went into limp mode due to lack of oil, put some oil in, and was back cruisin with the group. Coming of the interstate going to our local motorsports shop all a sudden my car is INSANELY loud! My exhaust broke right after the first cat....fuckin awesome. To top things off I then got pulled over in an intersection for something I didnt even do WTF, the lady cop bitched me out and then let me go w/o a ticket (thank god), and last but not least had to drive 45 min home with the worst exhaust sound I've ever heard in my life....Sorry guys just had to vent. I'm not contemplating selling the gsr and going up to an evo mainly because of this night lol not that I dont love the integra it just made me mad...once again just wanted to vent a lil.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
na orderd a test pipe just for a cheap fix...then to top that off the test pipe is on back order lol but nothing i can do about that and wasnt tunersports fault so...eh what can ya do. Just gonna look to sell it here soon and pick up an 03 evo, anyone know about high mileage evo's like to stay away or not (high mileage as in over 100,000)

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
anyone know about high mileage evo's like to stay away or not (high mileage as in over 100,000)
If you are wanting to get rid of the Integra because the reliability issues are pissing you off, then I'm not sure a 7 year old, high mileage Mitsubishi is for you either. Most of these cars that are treated well and viewed with watchful eyes have little issues and run perfectly fine......but many have been beat on and/or neglected for 7 years as well which doesn't work well with any car, much less a turbocharged Mitsu.

Last edited:

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
If you are wanting to get rid of the Integra because the reliability issues are pissing you off, then I'm not sure a 7 year old, high mileage Mitsubishi is for you either. Most of these cars that are treated well and viewed with watchful eyes have little issues and run perfectly fine......but many have been beat on and/or neglected for 7 years as well which doesn't work well with any car, much less a turbocharged Mitsu.
Well I'm looking for one that doesnt have any mods. Hoping that it hasnt had the shit ran out of it.

rockadilla

thats right.
If u are looking at mitsubishi for reliablity then u are looking in the completely wrong place dude. Not saying they can't last, but most won't last
Only way I would drive a mitsubishi is if it had less than 50k miles and even then I would drive it to the 49k mark and sell it 8)

ls/lownslow

well see the problem id that it is an evo

regardless of who drove it it has been beat on at one point in time

and a honda/acura is will always be way more reliable than a mitsubishi

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
So evo's known to give people problems? I'm looking at either it or an sti...I mainly just want boost and AWD

rockadilla

thats right.
yeah :lol:

i dont like subarus very much but from what ive heard they are a lot more reliable then a mitsubishi

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
only problem with a subi is i wouldnt have the first clue on wtf to do on a boxer engine, plus the evo looks way better.

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
So evo's known to give people problems? I'm looking at either it or an sti...I mainly just want boost and AWD
EVO's are necessarily unreliable themselves. But as with any turbocharged car, extra care must be put forth. They require extra attention and preventive maintenance and a lot of people don't realize that. That goes for both the EVO and STi. I'd be wary of buying a high mileage model of either. In my opinion, I'd take less of a car to get a newer, lower mileage one if I was on a tight budget (and tired of reliability issues). For example, I'd rather have an '07 WRX with 25k miles than a 04 STi with 125k. But that's just me.

crussell2009

98 black gsr CLEAN coupe
Find a write up on how to change the sparplugs on an sti, then you'll change your mind
I'll take it it blows dick?

EVO's are necessarily unreliable themselves. But as with any turbocharged car, extra care must be put forth. They require extra attention and preventive maintenance and a lot of people don't realize that. That goes for both the EVO and STi. I'd be wary of buying a high mileage model of either.
So what about a 2003 evo w/ 70K miles no mods so stock for about 15 grand? Good buy, would you do that? What is there to look for when looking at a turbo car thats not to look for on something else (bad signs)

jznsn2u

Whatever car you get, just keep it well maintained and keep the abusing at a minimum. Then it'll last.