Worth the $800??

SilverSophie

I was looking around for a higher performance header set and came across the Skunk 2 Mega Power Header...FOR $800 :shock::shock:... DC headers i hear are great and they are like what $300?

Why on earth would these be 800? they made of gold?? :lol:

but seriously are these skunk 2 headers really that amazing? do they have THAT much of an increase in power? anyone used them?

rockadilla

thats right.
the only reason the skunk2 header is better is because DC headers are known for cracking and the skunk2 one is made and welded a lot better. i believe on the website it explains that the skunk2 optimizes the performance of a fully built NA engine. but unless ur car is built, the difference in headers are almost nil, if u took a ride with each of them u probably wouldnt even notice any difference between the 2

Cman46290

i say that IDC how good of a header it is.... it aint worth $800.... are you kidding?

Find a good deal on a used one.. or get a lesser expensinve header~

The gains will not be worth the $800... no way

the4doorway

i have a set of dc headers and i cant tell the difference between that and ebay headers besides the look in my opinion no header is worth more the $350

mirrorimg

When your motor is built up, this component can make a 15whp difference. Right now on your (probably) stock internal non-VTEC B18B1, it wont help much.

You guys are in a world of hurt if you ever go to try to get a custom header made. $800 will be the minimum you pay.

Look at the big header's (The real ones). Hytech, RMF Narrow, SMSP, etc (theres a header comparison thread floating around). They are all $600 plus header's. They all make gains over the JDM ITR replica 4-1 header's (Megan, DC style). Those low end header's hurt high performance builds.

Last edited:

mohawk42s

im running it w/ an almost fully build motor
i need another tune and cam gears but this is what i have so far on b18c1 w/ b16 jdm lsd trans

very happy with my purchase...

mirrorimg

im running it w/ an almost fully build motor
i need another tune and cam gears but this is what i have so far on b18c1 w/ b16 jdm lsd trans

very happy with my purchase...
What is fully built?

ITR pistons (or any other higher compression piston), larger cylinder bore, thinner headgasket/shaved head, flat faced valves, ported intake and exhaust ports, bigger cams? header? Cat? Exhaust? Needs more info than "fully build (*built*) with lsd trans"

mohawk42s

B18c1
b16a trans JDM w/LSD
Micro polished crank and hot tanked head and block
blueprinted block
Mahle 12.5/1 pistons
Crower econo rods
crower stage 2 cams
skunk2 intake manifold
AEBS throttle body 68mm
RC 550cc fuel injectors
ACT HDSS clutch
Fidanza flywheel
Skunk2 megapower 4-1 header
skunk2 megapower cat back 70mm
custom test pipe
Koyo radiator
Hondata s100
Injen SRI w/ K&N filter

ya know...ALMOST lol

Last edited:

Cman46290

When your motor is built up, this component can make a 15whp difference. Right now on your (probably) stock internal non-VTEC B18B1, it wont help much.You guys are in a world of hurt if you ever go to try to get a custom header made. $800 will be the minimum you pay.

Look at the big header's (The real ones). Hytech, RMF Narrow, SMSP, etc (theres a header comparison thread floating around). They are all $600 plus header's. They all make gains over the JDM ITR replica 4-1 header's (Megan, DC style). Those low end header's hurt high performance builds.

^^ That is what i was meaning.....

On an all stock motor... especially non-vtec.... the gains will not be worth purchasing an $800 header. I would hope anyone looking to do a decent build would EXPECT to pay that for a header.... but not on a DD with all stock internals and less than 150HP....

Thus why i purchased a cheapo header...cleaned up the engine bay a good bit... and got rid of my exhaust rattle at the A-pipe.... and gave a bit better sound. No SIGNIFICANT HP gains.

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
$800 is nothing compared to HyTech which is like around $1500. These expensive headers are worth the money if you have a properly built engine. And there is nothing wrong with DC Sports IMO. I had mine for 3 years without any problems.