WOT? or DOWNSHIFT? automatic

JackJack

hey guys i was wandering...

for all the autoamtic integra owners, do you guys downshift to d3 on the hwy? or do yall just floor it on d4?

which 1 is considered better?

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
I'm sorry, but wouldn't your RPM be around 4000-5000 if you were on the highway in D3? Just stick with D4 bro. It's not worth putting stress on the engine and burning more fuel.

jznsn2u

Leave it in D4. Don't Downshift an automatic unless you're going up a steep hill with a heavy load.

j13

Keep It Clean
The auto tranny has little 'pick and go' power at 65mph, so down shifting into 3rd will give you the extra power you need when intering a faster lane(the speed limit is 65 where I'm from, but people drive at 80mph-85mph). Do not keep it in D3 or else you'll see your fuel gauge drop fast.

The transmission was build to shift manualy, so doing this wouldn't hurt anything.

Anguisette

I'mARegisteredUser
i agree with most, D3 is an uphill booster, however, autos accelerate kinda slow on the highway so sometimes depending on traffic i do drop it in D3 to get up there quicker. but as soon as you reach the desired speed go back to D4. I'd imagine driving under high rpm's is kinda mean to the engine.