Would 17x8.5 Fit

SOLOITR2001

2001 ITR OWNER
Would 17x8.5 Fit?

So I have been searching for some time now a set of Gram Lights 57S 17x7.5 5x114.3 +40 for my ITR to fit with my big brake kit. But I am having a really hard time finding any at all. Its been so bad that I have thought about going with a set of Mugen GP 17x7 +48. But I started researching again for the Gram Lights and noticed a lot of people selling great condition 17x8.5 5x114.3 +30 and +40 wheels. I know that Modified Magazine installed a set of 17x8.5 SSR Type F wheels on their project car and it didn't look to bad.

Will these size wheels fit flush with the fender or will it pass them a bit? If they will fit what offset should I look for +30 or +40?

Thank you for your time and info.

Last edited:

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
You can't use 16" rims? 17's are just so big on a tiny Integra. If you are buying decent wheels, am I to assume you are tracking your car? If so, get the highest offset and run some camber. If you are doing it for other reasons, I don't know. I had 17's on my car for a little bit but that's just because they came with it and I couldn't afford to replace them.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I personally feel 8.5 will go too far out, I think. I had 7.5 and they sat right at the fender perfectly, and now I have 7 and they sit just inside

However I dont know anything about offset

Sammich

try it oh and for those that are on '16s and smaller' dick....grow a mind

Jay417

Beast From The East
17's work just right. 8 inches wide or wider will rub like a crazy. PLEASE dont roll ur fenders. U have a TYPE R treat it like 1.

Sammich

you can roll the fenders w/o anything from the outside of the fender being affected, if done correctly....i think you mean pull the fender

Jay417

Beast From The East
you can roll the fenders w/o anything from the outside of the fender being affected, if done correctly....i think you mean pull the fender
No. I mean roll the fenders. I see alot of ppl rolling their fenders just fo fit a wider wheel and lower the car just to be able to tuck the wheels. (not a fan of it).

Sammich

oh..i am...and rolling doesnt affect the outer appearance as long as its done right...whats wrong w/ slamming and tucking? :D

Jay417

Beast From The East
oh..i am...and rolling doesnt affect the outer appearance as long as its done right...whats wrong w/ slamming and tucking? :D
Nothing wrong with it if thats what the owner likes. But the car losses its handling and rides like crap. i spend alot of cash on my body work and paint just to leave my front lip on a bump in the street. plus i thinks slamming is more of a westcoast thing imo...lol

Sammich

i'm east coast and i'm all about slamming...handling mainly only comes into play when you're trying to auto-x and track your vehicle, you can easily have another wheel setup to run that with and if you're smart you're on coilovers and can adjust your height and dampening for your activity.

#showandgo

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I don't share your view on rolling a single bit; in fact I don't see many people here agreeing with you on this one.

Jay417

Beast From The East
i'm east coast and i'm all about slamming...handling mainly only comes into play when you're trying to auto-x and track your vehicle, you can easily have another wheel setup to run that with and if you're smart you're on coilovers and can adjust your height and dampening for your activity.

#showandgo
I got Tein Basic Damper Coilovers so i can adjust to my liking, Like i stated before its up to the owners liking. My whole 2 cents was that the car is a TYPE R which i think we will never see another TYPE R come to USA so try to keep the body intact (thats what i would do). but hey its his car. So it was just a suggestion.

I know most of the ppl in this forum love having their cars an inch of the ground and thats cool, just like most of u all like 16 inch wheels. I had 18s and loved the ride and the way it looked.

Sammich

if those are the 18s on your car in teh sig..i like..but i'm not stringent on having 16s and under on a honda, w/e looks good on there, make it work, thats my thing. most people who put 17s > on a honda...it looks tacky..i like to do my stuff right, not to mention on a hondas..16s and under, tires are cheaper lol

Jay417

Beast From The East
if those are the 18s on your car in teh sig..i like..but i'm not stringent on having 16s and under on a honda, w/e looks good on there, make it work, thats my thing. most people who put 17s > on a honda...it looks tacky..i like to do my stuff right, not to mention on a hondas..16s and under, tires are cheaper lol
I agree w/ you bro, you got to make it work other wise it will look like poo..lol
Nah the Konigs i got on now are 17's (sign pic)
These are the 18's i had on before

i love the way it looked. The reason i got rid of them is cause they were 8 inches wide and it rubbed a lil.

superhypered

(╯°□°)╯ ლ(ಠ_ಠ ლ)
I don't know why you guys are wasting your breathe back and forth.. I don't mind fender rolling, but id try to avoid it. That's why I didn't get 8 inch wide rims.

And besides, the fenders on the Type R are the same as mine.. its not like the engine or interior.. woopty fucking doo