would the wrong ecu cause this????

ChrisTypeR408

I have a gsr ecu for sale if you want it.

edit: What kind of bottom block is it, and what head does it have? Yes it's a shoddy build but helping us identify what exactly is on your car can help us help you

Last edited:

Prozon

Kris
If it's an LS/Vtec motor then the bottom end is a B18a1 or a B18b1. No other blocks would make it a "LS." Those two blocks are also exactly the same.

Rich-PMS

I have a gsr ecu for sale if you want it.

edit: What kind of bottom block is it, and what head does it have? Yes it's a shoddy build but helping us identify what exactly is on your car can help us help you
any chance it's a chipped p72 that you have, and you have the kindness in your heart to help me out with a good deal, in exchange for some PMS products?

please shoot me an email, Rich.Frommann@gmail.com

H2bintegra84

And its a b18b 1997 block with a 97 gsr head. So just got it back from the shop for a not starting problom and he checked everything and the only thing he can say its the ecu. It sounds like its not getting fuel at higher rpm so it bogs down to 3K and sits there

Prozon

Kris
Have you made sure your vacuum lines are routed correctly? Like I mentioned, I had two vacuum lines backwards and when I would press on the throttle too fast or too far it would bog. I had to use the perfect amount of throttle to get it to accelerate normally.

phatintegra

Banned
question for you. Is your CEL light on while running the LS ECU on your motor? How does it drive if you ease on the gas pedal? I been trying to find the answer to this for awhile now. Trying to see what is my options are for the near future on SMOG.

H2bintegra84

Have you made sure your vacuum lines are routed correctly? Like I mentioned, I had two vacuum lines backwards and when I would press on the throttle too fast or too far it would bog. I had to use the perfect amount of throttle to get it to accelerate normally.
I just checked the lines and they look good.

H2bintegra84

question for you. Is your CEL light on while running the LS ECU on your motor? How does it drive if you ease on the gas pedal? I been trying to find the answer to this for awhile now. Trying to see what is my options are for the near future on SMOG.
Well if you ease on the gas pedal its fine goes up in the rpm's and everything. It just idlles low and when you give it gas its good till 3K And then it will stay there and there are no cels on at all

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
I don't know if you saw my post back a bit, but i think you should at least get a socketed p28 from phearable with a basemap for your setup, and then go from there. I agree that it needs to be tuned, but phearable can get you a decent basemap to troubleshoot with.

phatintegra

Banned
Well if you ease on the gas pedal its fine goes up in the rpm's and everything. It just idlles low and when you give it gas its good till 3K And then it will stay there and there are no cels on at all
Thanks, I was so worried about the CEL coming on. I need to swap back to my LS OBD2 ECU since I'm running a Chipped OBD1 JDM P30 Auto ECU for SMOG testing purposes.