Would these even be worth it?

Jackmldog

Jack
Oh man... You're gonna need more than that. Go ahead and get a chipped ecu on chrome or some other rom because you're going to need a tune.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
If you get cams you will need to be tuned no matter what but you don't have to get a chipped ecu you can just get a piggyback system.

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
Hmm i wonder if cole is still selling his LS cams. Ask klutchdb7

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
My cams are gone.

With any cams you should seriously consider valve train upgrades, springs and retainers would suffice. And yes, a good quality dyno tune with a piggyback system or Hondata if you really want are definitely something you should do

OLDSKOOLACURA

My cams are gone.

With any cams you should seriously consider valve train upgrades, springs and retainers would suffice. And yes, a good quality dyno tune with a piggyback system or Hondata if you really want are definitely something you should do
+100

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Aqualite_Solid

DB7 no Aston
And i dont think its worth it.
That's about what I thought if I'm going to get a new valve train I might as well step up to something more aggressive... Just thought it was interesting cause it noted the stock valve train could be used with them

Sent from my toaster using Tapatalk2

NemesisCBR

Boredest Member
That wasnt my reasoning. I dont think a ls is worth modding with any less than forced induction. Basic bolt ons excluded. I/H/E only.

Death-the-Kid

anta honma ni shinude
Charly[horse];1129024 said:
If you get cams you will need to be tuned no matter what but you don't have to get a chipped ecu you can just get a piggyback system.
why do people still recommend that garbage? do not get a piggyback. so many other/better options out there that will not destroy your bank account.

That wasnt my reasoning. I dont think a ls is worth modding with any less than forced induction. or a vtec head conversion only.
fixed

Last edited:

Aqualite_Solid

DB7 no Aston
Piggy backs are also waste if money unless your going all out and your pockets are the size of Rick Ross's stomach. But if I can get at least 180hp out of an Ls I'm happy

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Sorry just going from what Ive heard lol. But if you really want some stage twos I have some I could sell you. Sounds like you aren't going that way though.

Aqualite_Solid

DB7 no Aston
The plan with my car wasn't to be fast... Just to be nice enuff that I'm satisfied.... And I rather put stage 2 cams in a Ls.. Vtec is overated Imo