Wrecked my DA in a 3 car accident today

Mike61096

17 yr. old Integra Modder
Wrecked my DA in a 3 car accident

So I just felt like sharing my story, not for sympathy or ridicule, just to ease my mind that's racing right now. So today at around 3:30, I was traveling with my girlfriend in the car to Starbucks, I was looking to my right because I didn't know what plaza the Starbucks was in. I see the Starbucks and see a red light and car up ahead, so I start braking. Mind you it was raining and I was doing the speed limit of 30. Once I put my foot on the brake I started to skid. I pressed harder on the brakes and they locked up and I slammed in a subaru wagon at about 20 mph. The car I hit then jumped the curb of the Starbucks parking lot and hit a parked car. I was still in the intersection trying to process everything and started my crumpled car and pulled into the parking lot. I jumped out of the car to make sure that everyone was ok. I was fine and the 2 other people were fine. My girlfriend had hit her knee on the glove compartment and cut it a little bit but she was ok. The 2 other cars didn't have tol much damage; flat tire bumper dents and such. But my car....the whole front end crumpled. My JDM one pieces shattered, the radiator was pushed in and the coolant was leaking everywhere, my hood was crushed up, the glove compartment was busted by the hinges from where my girlfriend hit her knee and that's really the only damage I saw. I didnt have a chance to take a picture, but I'm sure most of you integra guys can imagine the carnage. My dad didn't have my car covered on his insurance for collision so I'm basically s*** out of luck on getting it fixed. I don't know if the car is totaled or not. Thankfully everyone was ok including my gf. So that's my story. I don't know where I'm going to go from here, but I'm definitely not out of the honda game. Hopefully I can get my DA fixed and if not, I'll get another Honda. Stay safe out there guys.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

dlo253

Wow, bad luck is an understatement. Hella sucks. f***in one pieces..... sorry to hear bro. Good thing they are all ok or you would be even more f***ed.

Last edited:

JustinMcGee1

I like Hondas
Mistakes happen. Don't beat yourself up, cars can be replaced

Ryan659

:( for the teg

:) you guys are okay. If the frame is straight you can repair it but honestly it'd prob be cheap just to buy another one and junk this one.

Mike61096

:( for the teg

:) you guys are okay. If the frame is straight you can repair it but honestly it'd prob be cheap just to buy another one and junk this one.
Junk it? or salvage every worth while part from it and part it out? I really want another DA if this one can't be fixed...plus it's pouring rain here and I left my window rolled down and since the firemen cut the battery cable, the tow couldn't roll it up and he had to force my transmission into neutral to get my car on the flat bed. Now I have to worry about the interior getting soaked and my radio being stolen.

Mike61096

No, the good parts will go quick. Then you'll be stuck with all the shit that nobody needs lol.
So is thay what you guys recommend I do if the car is declared totaled?

Sent From My Galaxy Note 2 Using Tapatalk 2