WRX make 321 AWHP @20psi dyno tune

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
This has been a long time coming. I finally got the 18g on and tuned. im very happy with the power. she pulls hard and pulls all the way to redline. Enjoy.

Event: dyno pull

Ambient Temp: 61 degrees

Elevation: 860 above sea level

Weather: chilly and cloudy

Track and Conditions:N/A

Tires: stock

Car: 2004 WRX

Tuner: Jorge from P&L

Dyno Info: dynojet 424 awd

Peak HP at RPM: 321.47 @6300

Peak Torque at RPM: 277.53 @ 4300 uncorrected

Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: 185 awhp

Target Boost: 19.6 psi

Target AFR:11.7:1

Fuel: 93 plain old pump

Engine/Power Modifications: Deadbolt 18g tdo5 7cm, p&l big maf intake,
samco inlet, turboxs FMIC, turboxs TBE, gtspec header and up pipe, DW 750cc, walbro 255, AVO catch can

Driveline Modifications: 06 tranny, exedy twin disk clutch

Suspension Modifications: cobb springs, cusco upper strut bars

Other Modifications: defi gauges AEM wide band

here is a pick of my scoobie

picture of the new turbo

picture of the Bif MAF intake. had to switch to a samco inlet (huge pain in the dick)

all in all im very happy. it is reliable and fast as shit. the power kind of just sneaks up on you.:twisted:

might go back for a race gas tune. on 110 octane and an AFR of 12.4:1 and 24psi we could probably get another 30-40awhp. i dont know when ill ever use race fuel or even that much power. but it might be fun to have. who knows?

Last edited:

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
pretty sick! :D i was just on an sti forum for about an hour just readin around! :) pretty sick! i like it!

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
NO doubt! :D you haev the tranny built dont you?
yes and no....... i have the stronger 06/07 gearset. they can hold some power, but i dont wanna push it. torque kills trannys. but since i dont have a lot i dont really have to worry.

its like the RA gearset. the 5-speed design is a crappy design, and will break. its only a matter of time. so no flat foot shifting or launching. but im ok with that.

GreenTeggy

My name is Ben
that would be sad! i would love to launch and AWD car at 6k lol!

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
i can and i did. i did that with the stock turbo. id had 100awhp less and 80awtq less. i cant and wont risk it now.

6k and 11psi launches were crazy fun. but now it might be fun followed by a BOOM!!

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
why no STI tranny?
its on the list....
might cost around 6-7K

need tranny, front/rear hubs, rear diff, and the electronics to go with it.

looking for a used ppg or el cheapo sti tranny.

after the swap, again, we can really push the engine.

however i am looking into buying an evo VIII in the next six months or so.

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
yea i plan on it. if my government contracts keep going the way they are, i can save around 10k in 6 months. thats a pretty sweet deposit on the evo.

slow_99integra

Stinkin & Drinkin
2003 i want a white one. i figure 18g that bitch too, and i can have an 18g army, lol. the evo will give me the torque i want and i will have the reliablty of the subaru when i need it. plus the strength of the infamous 4g63.