WTB - low mileage sport bike - east coast

acclude

cheap bastard
(edit: BOUGHT ONE) WTB- low mileage sport bike - east coast

Might not be the best site for asking this but I thought I'd try anyways.

Looking for a low mileage sport bike. Something along the lines of an R1, R6, CBR, or similar.

It can have issues as long as it's not major like requiring a new motor. I can repair the minor things, change tires, and replace fairings and stuff like that.

I'm in MD and would prefer something fairly close by.

Looking to buy within the next month or two.

Pictures are a must before I even consider coming out to look at it in person.

Price range is open but looking to keep it under $5k

Whatcha got?

Last edited:

acclude

cheap bastard
Already have a line on an R6 in MD and an R1 in VA. anyone here have something or know of anyone that does?

acclude

cheap bastard
Found one!

It's a 2001 Ducati 748 (aka - Pure Sex On Wheels)

The good is that it's only got 10K miles on it, SUPER CLEAN, several aftermarket goodies including a full Vance & Hines exhaust setup, and lots of other perks. After searching for several months, this is the first one that I actually dreamed about. I saw it one day, literally dreamed about it that night, and went back the next day to buy it. Everything about it felt right even though it was not what I had originally set out for. Sometimes, you know it's "the one" and you just have to do it or you will regret it for the rest of your life.

Here's 2 pics:

and a crappy video of it running and a semi-walk around:

[YOUTUBE="2001 Ducati 748 with mods"]6uwnVgEU_Pk[/YOUTUBE]

It's sounds more like a cammed out 5.0 mustang than it does a typical sport bike! Definitely loud and unique sound that you just wouldn't expect from a sport bike. It doesn't even really come alive until the 7K+ RPM range and it wasn't revv'd up that high in the video so it doesn't even give you an accurate idea of what this thing sounds and runs like. It's simply AMAZING!

Last edited: