Wtb: Traction!!!!

98sierra

well anybody got any for sale? lol

My question is how to maximize traction.

I know suspension helps, BUT how much does it REALLY help?

i know tire tires tires.. mine are good, no im not going to run slicks.

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Traction bar to help prevent wheel hop. Limited slip in your trans to get both tires putting power down rather then just 1, proper suspension setup like RW said.

98sierra

well no wheel hop, just a ton of spining. ill look into the drag kit, but this is a street car so im gonna try and keep it looking halfway decent, i dont know how much is needed to adjust for the drag kit, but ill check it out!

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
Run radials, I ran em for a year on the street with no issue. How much power are you pushing, that is causing you to get wheel spin?

98sierra

was at 304 but bow that ive brought her to her new home 3500 feet below her tuned elovation idk. not too much. but my car has pretty much been gutted, and my wheels are light, and i have shiiiiiiiiiiiity suspension. and a nice torquey (sp?) gsr trans..

But my question was just how much does suspension help on a car. just wanted to know before i spent the $$$$. but i do know how important suspension usually is, i ride dirtbikes and street bikes and suspension is almost always the first thing to do! just didnt know if a teg would benifit/could justify spending 1000+ on suspension when i dont care to hit a carner to fast and i have other things that handle great and dont care to make this one handle great lol

DaddyBuiltRacing

Resident Asshole
I feel its important, like RW said slam the front and leave the rear a little higher. The only problem I see in his post is the fact that the "drag" kit is nothing more then springs, you can't really adjust springs like you can coil overs

98sierra

well, i hate to say it, i think its one of the gayest things ive ever heard and makes me angry to say it but.. im "hella flush" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....
in the front and far from it in the rear.. still spinning. idk why either.

hidenplanvew

LSD, Higher spring rate... Ground control, Nitto Neo gen My bud is pushing 380 on them and he said that he dosent spin much anymore like he did with other tires. Camber kit, will help make sure your tires are flat and making the most contact..

redrocket

It's a front wheel drive car with a decent amount of horse power, you can spend thousands on components to help you with traction but nothing will stop you from spinning the wheels. I have coilovers, Quaife LSD, Bushings, Strut bars, blah blah blah.

endo617

Rattle Can Technician
just lower the tire pressure, if you haven't and feather the throttle, then just cross your finger that it hooks, also try getting a camber kit because if its "hellaflush" your tire aren't making the best contact to the ground you want those hoes to be flat making maximum contact between rubber to pavement

edit: didn't notice some1 said camber kit already

98sierra

well idk. my car has no power when not boosting and when it does hit boost it starts spinnin lol idk i guess ill try some stuff

rwlsvtec_03

If you do not have LSD you can be spinning one wheel like a bastard and have the other just rolling along.
The eibach drag kit is just springs like NERK said. On my old EK I had eibach sportline srpings with tokico AGX adjustable shocks. I believe it was 5 level settings with just a twist. Just a knob on the rear struts and one on top of the fronts.
Set up worked great. As for the traction bar, you may have to modify considering the turbo etc. may be in the way.
Personally I think limited slip differential and some nice tires will suit you best. You could also do a boost by gear, limiting the psi in lower gears to decrease wheels spin.