www.K2Motor.com check em out

Apollo

Do not buy from them. They're prices are good, but that's about it. I've also found websites that sell the exact same parts for less.

- Ordered a polished aluminum AEM SRI on May 23rd, got a confirmation order same day. Said I would receive a shipping notification with tracking number when the product was shipped.

- On June 2nd I still had not received any word regarding the order. emailed them:

"Bought intake unit on May 23rd, haven't received any information
regarding shipping so I assume it hasn't shipped yet. Any estimate on
a ship date? My order confirmation email is below. Thanks!"

- June 5th I got a response:

"Dear Customer,

Thank You for the inquiry. We apologize that this item is currently out of stock and is on back order. New shipment will arrive in 2 weeks, if you rather take a refund, we are more than happy to process for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank You
James
K2Motor"

Considered, found a cheaper website and decided to cancel the order.

- June 7th I replied:

"Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the backorder won't work
for me. Please cancel my order and refund my money. If there's
anything else you need from me, just let me know.

Order # yhst-5006790027353-30214

Thank you."

- June 9th I got this additional email, it was not a reply to or part of the above conversation.

"Thank you for shopping with K2 Motor.
This email is to update you on the order status.

The following items have been shipped to:

address ommited

using US Ground (48 States Free Shipping)

The shipper's tracking number is 1ZY09R770372086427

You can always find out the current status of your order by going to
https://order.store.yahoo.net/OS/stat?yhst-5006790027353+30214+6d412284a51aca9ccce6

Name Code Qty Each Options
--------------------------------------------------------------------
97-01 ACURA INTEGRA GSR SD-AEM-22-402P 1 122.58
AEM SHORT RAM INDUCTION
SYSTEM
(Shipped)
UPS Tracking Number:
1ZY09R770372086427
Subtotal 122.58
Shipping 0.00
Tax 0.00
Total 122.58

This completes your order. Thank you for shopping with us.

So they gave a tracking number, a plus, and free shipping, which you can usually get but also nice.

- June 10th I get this response (from a different person ) to the original conversation:

"Dear customer,

We are sorry but we have shipped your order on Jun. 9 and the tracking number for the package is #1ZY09R770372086427 via ups.com
Scheduled Delivery: 06/12/2008
Shipped To: Address ommitted
Shipped/Billed On: 06/09/2008

Thank you,
Sunny
K2 Motor"

So after I canceled the order (on the 7th), they rushed something to me (on the 9th) and then sent me an email saying "sorry we already shipped it" (on the 10th). This after they said they would refund my money no problem.

Intake arrived this weekend, lo and behold it was not the one I ordered (polished aluminum). Instead they rushed an anodized blue intake to me, assuming I wouldn't care. Nothing wrong with blue, but I want to keep the engine bay basic with black, silver and chrome. Didn't install the unit.

Called them this morning within their listed hours of operation. No response on the phone and no opportunity to leave a message. I will just have to try again later.

BTW: They have a no return policy if you change your mind with exceptions to specific cases, you have to cover shipping and pay a 20% 'restocking (bullshit) fee'. They claim they will replace wrong parts no charge, but we'll see how that works. I'm trying to get my money back, since that is what they offered me originally, and what I asked to be done before the whole shipping fiasco took place.

My impressions: Don't buy from them. Sloppy, irresponsible and unethical customer service. Poor communication. They're trying to make money (fair enough), but are willing to do so at the expense and cost of the consumer.

Last edited: