Yea so I might just buy my next car straight from Japan...

rockadilla

thats right.
Holy crap dude well if u do lemme know the total cost, ill buy a type r if it'll be less then a LS here LMAO!

firby911

There hella hard to legally register and stuff,i really dont know nothing about it. Somebody will respond with a correct answer of some sorts i imagine.

mirrorimg

There hella hard to legally register and stuff,i really dont know nothing about it. Somebody will respond with a correct answer of some sorts i imagine.
This is why you dont see those cars here in the states. Also, those cars are set up to be driven in Japan, where they drive on the other side of the road, and have different safety standards and such. For example, the headlights are set up a way that puts more light on the outside of the lane in the U.S. and Japan. When you put the Japanese car on U.S. roads, you are circumventing this and putting that extra light into oncoming traffic.

There are a lot of hoops to jump through to bring one of those vehicles to the states. I suggest you do a ton of research before commiting to a purchase like this, as the car will probably sit in a shipping container the rest of its life once you bring it over to the states.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
:yummy:

Edit**: Btw OP you should hit up http://www.righthanddrivejapan.com. I just went on a canyon run with one of their guys last weekend; he ran a legit, street-legal JDM RHD Accord wagon. They specialize in legalizing JDM cars for the streets. They have to do crash tests and a bunch of other safety tests, then make the cars comply with US/North American standards. They then can get a VIN for it. Time-consuming and costly, but it's the only way to do it right.

Last edited:

cyclotegra

I dont know much about the subject, but what about one that is already registered in the states, for example. If I wanted to buy a RHD integra(JDM) of course, and its registered in Cali, and I live in Missouri, how hard would it be to register it in MO? Or would it be simple cause its already registered in the states?

mirrorimg

You would have a harder time finding one for sale for a reasonable price that has already gone through the registration process. It wouldnt be worth it because who ever is selling it will be looking for money on top, to make it lucrative for them doing all of the leg work.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
I dont know much about the subject, but what about one that is already registered in the states, for example. If I wanted to buy a RHD integra(JDM) of course, and its registered in Cali, and I live in Missouri, how hard would it be to register it in MO? Or would it be simple cause its already registered in the states?

If it's registered in Cali, it can most likely be registered anywhere. My state is the strictest mother fucker in the Union man.

cyclotegra

Im not going to buy one, unless I come across the deal of a lifetime, I would buy one already registered in the states though. Yea Cali is one of the toughest I suppose, they arent to strict here in MO...Which is great!!

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
It doesn't matter where you live, once it gets to the port and goes through customs, DOT will be all over it and it will be in their custody till it's legal. Like mirrorimg said, it may just end up sitting in an ocean container the rest of it's life.

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
it's a grey market car, pita to make it comply to us standards.it won't be cheap